The Student Room Group

GCSE results 2020

How is everyone feeling about results day. I'm so nervous. Like sometimes I think I've done okay and other times I feel like I have done really bad.

Scroll to see replies

Same I am just not sure. Its just people in Scotland have received their results and they have been lowered
Original post by cupcake4546
How is everyone feeling about results day. I'm so nervous. Like sometimes I think I've done okay and other times I feel like I have done really bad.

In all honesty, youve probably done fine considering youre almost guaranteed to get a higher grade than what you got in the mocks (Unless you got 7/8/9) Focus on other things for now, worrying wont do you any good <3 Stay safe!
Reply 3
More than anything I'm just tired of waiting. I'm expecting my results to be lower than what I would like, which is a bit sh*t, but there's nothing I can do about it so who cares.
Original post by REDDINGZ
In all honesty, youve probably done fine considering youre almost guaranteed to get a higher grade than what you got in the mocks (Unless you got 7/8/9) Focus on other things for now, worrying wont do you any good <3 Stay saf

How do you know that?
Original post by foreverrocking
Same I am just not sure. Its just people in Scotland have received their results and they have been lowered

oh really :s-smilie:
I got 2A*'s, 4A's and 4C's for my year 11 mocks so im pretty sure i'll get higher than that (hopefully) and even if i dont i'll still be happy with that. Im nervous af as well tho.
Original post by Bill V2
More than anything I'm just tired of waiting. I'm expecting my results to be lower than what I would like, which is a bit sh*t, but there's nothing I can do about it so who cares.

:frown:
Original post by future_11
I got 2A*'s, 4A's and 4C's for my year 11 mocks so im pretty sure i'll get higher than that (hopefully) and even if i dont i'll still be happy with that. Im nervous af as well tho.

your school still uses the old grading system?

That's good but I get it the nerves never go do they :frown:
Original post by turquoisedaisy

I think Wales uses letters still? idk
How do you know that?

1. Theyve taken into consideration (at least at my school) that people try harder in the real exams as compared to the mocks
2. Schools have a reputation to maintain, say everyone got a 5 in the history mock, they wouldnt give them a 5 for their final grade, as it reflects poorly upon their teaching
3. My teachers told me theyll try to boost our grades as much as possible
******** myself

Oh no lol i just don't like using numerical tbh
so baso i got 2 8's, 4 7's, 3 5's, 1 4
(i hate the way this way looks lol)

aha I get what you mean! But to be fair, it doesn't matter whether it looks good or bad; *some* universities (I assume you're planning to go to one), when they look at GCSE grades often refer to the old grading system. So they don't want a min number of 9s but a min number of A*s and by A*s, they mean 8s and 9s. That's a mouthful...
Original post by REDDINGZ
1. Theyve taken into consideration (at least at my school) that people try harder in the real exams as compared to the mocks
2. Schools have a reputation to maintain, say everyone got a 5 in the history mock, they wouldnt give them a 5 for their final grade, as it reflects poorly upon their teaching
3. My teachers told me theyll try to boost our grades as much as possible

But the teacher grades are being moderated. So, if you're school hasn't done as good(in previous years) as the grades your teachers predicted it's likely the grades will go down. However, exam boards did say if there's a niche ie like if only 3 ppl did business for example they won't use previous years results in consideration as with such few ppl changes are likely to be more drastic. But I agree that the exam boards should take in consideration that people often put most of their efforts after the mocks.

same

ngl the numbers sound so much better like ew you got a 7, but ooo an A, u smart.
Original post by Courtzzz13
same

but i keep tellung myself i can't change anything so i shouldnt dwell on it too much and focus on the positive changes i can make ie try harder in a levels and achieve the grades i want. im trying to use this experience as a learning thing like in a levels i wanna consistently try from the start cuz u never know what can happen u know.
aha I get what you mean! But to be fair, it doesn't matter whether it looks good or bad; *some* universities (I assume you're planning to go to one), when they look at GCSE grades often refer to the old grading system. So they don't want a min number of 9s but a min number of A*s and by A*s, they mean 8s and 9s. That's a mouthful...

ahhh that's good. but i read on a uni website i think it was cardiff and thet use a point ssystem and level 9 had like 3 points and 7/8 had 2 points. so they combine the 7 and the 8 not the 8/9 unfortunately(but this isnt the case w all unis)

Quick Reply

Latest