The Student Room Group

2 A Levels?

Is it possible to take 2 a levels? Most people I see take 3 or 4 but I only have 2 a levels I’m actually interested in taking. I don’t want to take a third and not enjoy it. I’m not interested in going to university either. College is really just a filler for me to figure out what to do with my life.
Original post by CharityCross219
Is it possible to take 2 a levels? Most people I see take 3 or 4 but I only have 2 a levels I’m actually interested in taking. I don’t want to take a third and not enjoy it. I’m not interested in going to university either. College is really just a filler for me to figure out what to do with my life.

I would really recommend you take 3 A-Levels. Which 2 A-Levels have you chosen?
Universities generally ask for 3 a levels so that’s why most people take 3.
Original post by 5hyl33n
I would really recommend you take 3 A-Levels. Which 2 A-Levels have you chosen?

I’ve chosen to take ICT and Classical Civilisation
Original post by smithstar01
Universities generally ask for 3 a levels so that’s why most people take 3.

Thanks for the information
I’ve chosen to take ICT and Classical Civilisation

Have you considered taking English Literature or History?
Reply 6
you have to have a certain amount of hours in lessons to be counted as a full time student, if you're under that the college wouldn't get any funding for you. So I couldn't see any colleges taking you on for only two, maybe look into another course?
Reply 7

Is it possible for you to find a sixth form or college that offers a BTEC in IT that is worth more than 1 alevel, and classical civilization?
If not, you could try and find some third subject that you wouldn't mind doing, such as english, sociology, psychology, history, religious studies / philosophy, business, computer science, etc.
Or, you could try and find a college that offers a BTEC in IT / computing that is worth 3 alevels, and not do classical civilisation?
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest