The Student Room Group

One of my guy friends said I’m pretty?

I was just with a guy friend and another friend and i was talking to them and he just stopped me and said “you’re so pretty”

I’m not saying its because he fancies me or anything bc I know he doesnt, but i was just like ? surprised? I dont think I’m pretty but when he just thought it in the middle of the conversation I guess it seemed like he genuinely meant it.

So is there a possibility that I actually am pretty or do you think he just felt sorry for me?
Original post by Anonymous
I was just with a guy friend and another friend and i was talking to them and he just stopped me and said “you’re so pretty”

I’m not saying its because he fancies me or anything bc I know he doesnt, but i was just like ? surprised? I dont think I’m pretty but when he just thought it in the middle of the conversation I guess it seemed like he genuinely meant it.

So is there a possibility that I actually am pretty or do you think he just felt sorry for me?

Whether he said it or not genuinely, I'm sure you are very pretty x

It sounds quite genuine. He might fancy you. Has he said anything else like this before?
i think he likes u
Reply 3
Original post by 5hyl33n
Whether he said it or not genuinely, I'm sure you are very pretty x

It sounds quite genuine. He might fancy you. Has he said anything else like this before?

Aww thanks

He has but he says it to everyone..I’m 100% sure he doesnt fancy me lool I’ve known him for years
Reply 4
Original post by vix.xvi
i think he likes u

He definitely doesn’t I’ve known him since year 7 and I’m in uni now😂 plus he’s like this with every girl, it was just how he randomly said it that made it sound genuine

He meant it and I shall put aside the trying to sleep with you option.
Dont have a crisis, accept the compliment and move on.

Aww thanks

He has but he says it to everyone..I’m 100% sure he doesnt fancy me lool I’ve known him for years

That's interesting how he says it to everyone. I think you should ask him whether he meant it. Perhaps, mention it when you next talk? It seems like he genuinely meant it, but did he say it in the same 'tone' as he says it to everyone else?
Reply 7
Original post by 5hyl33n
That's interesting how he says it to everyone. I think you should ask him whether he meant it. Perhaps, mention it when you next talk? It seems like he genuinely meant it, but did he say it in the same 'tone' as he says it to everyone else?

If he did mean it, i dont think he fancies me probably just wanted to compliment me, which is nice.
Reply 8
Original post by 999tigger
He meant it and I shall put aside the trying to sleep with you option.
Dont have a crisis, accept the compliment and move on.

Its just strange to me bc i dont see myself as pretty at all
If he did mean it, i dont think he fancies me probably just wanted to compliment me, which is nice.

Aww that is nice. :biggrin:
Its just strange to me bc i dont see myself as pretty at all

Eye of the beholder and maybe low self esteem.
It is just one person, give yourself the benefit of the doubt, take the compliment and dont overthink it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending