13 weeks to process my proof of identity and 25 weeks for compelling personal reasons

Watch
Adzz123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hello,

I have been told that it may take 13 weeks to process the proof of identity and 25 weeks for my compelling personal reasons to be assessed in light of the current pandemic situation.

I am freaking out because I only recently submitted my evidence as I was under the impression that it takes 6 weeks to process. Am I right in saying that the above time scales are just guidelines?

In addition, what would happen in the situation where my student finance is delayed, but say I paid for the first term. If am hypothetically entitled to Student Finance tuition feee, would SF reimburse me for paying the first time? How would this situation map out?

Thank you in advance.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Adzz123)
Hello,

I have been told that it may take 13 weeks to process the proof of identity and 25 weeks for my compelling personal reasons to be assessed in light of the current pandemic situation.

I am freaking out because I only recently submitted my evidence as I was under the impression that it takes 6 weeks to process. Am I right in saying that the above time scales are just guidelines?

In addition, what would happen in the situation where my student finance is delayed, but say I paid for the first term. If am hypothetically entitled to Student Finance tuition feee, would SF reimburse me for paying the first time? How would this situation map out?

Thank you in advance.
You have applied very late.
SFE have a deadline in May for new students (and one in June for continuing students) to apply and be guaranteed payment at the start of term.
With luck they will still be able to process your application in normal timescales but there is a risk - with remote working and it now being the busiest time of year your application will be at the back of the queue.

If your finance is delayed then speak to your university. They might need you to pay the first instalment of fees (in which case they will reimburse you when the SFE payment comes through) - but they may also be able to help with hardship funding and even adjusting your rent payment dates/amounts if you're in university halls. If your tuition fee loan comes through late then your university will reimburse you, if your maintenance loan comes through late then it is paid straight to you.
Adzz123
Rep:
?
I am a continuing student, do you think that might aid things a bit?But thank you very much for telling me about my University potentially reimbursing me; do all University do this?Thank you in advance.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I am a continuing student, do you think that might aid things a bit?But thank you very much for telling me about my University potentially reimbursing me; do all University do this?Thank you in advance.
Hi, it's up to the university but I think they should be happy to do this once your funding is approved and they receive the payment from us.

Identity evidence currently takes 11 working days (about 2 weeks) and Compelling Personal Reasons evidence currently takes 26 working days (about 5 weeks).
Thanks, Isaac
Adzz123
Rep:
?
Hello Isaac, Thank you for the response.Just to clarify then, it is not 11 weeks and 26 weeks but rather days (I may have misheard the agent)?Thank you in advance.
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hello Isaac, Thank you for the response.Just to clarify then, it is not 11 weeks and 26 weeks but rather days (I may have misheard the agent)?Thank you in advance.
Correct but working days not just days (5 working days = 1 week)
Thanks, Isaac
Adzz123
Rep:
?
Hello Isaac,Thank you for the response.Out of interest, when will I know when Student Finance has received my documents, because I have not received any communication from them in regards to this? Can I call them and find this out, and if so, after how long shall I wait from the date they received it, which was last week? The reason I ask is because I have had no communication from them in relation to receiving my Birth Certificate, as well as my compelling personal reasons.Kind Regards
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hello Isaac,Thank you for the response.Out of interest, when will I know when Student Finance has received my documents, because I have not received any communication from them in regards to this? Can I call them and find this out, and if so, after how long shall I wait from the date they received it, which was last week? The reason I ask is because I have had no communication from them in relation to receiving my Birth Certificate, as well as my compelling personal reasons.Kind Regards
Good morning, if you sent it tracked then we can check with a tracking number. We are not sending confirmation of receipt at the moment due to the pandemic.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (80)
14.18%
I'm not sure (26)
4.61%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (179)
31.74%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.13%
I'm not a current university student (267)
47.34%

Watched Threads