Scroll to see replies

Original post by gucciisrelative
finished it just now
VR: 580
DM: 640
QR: 650
AR: 690
Band 3 (almost a goner)

QR was much more simple than on medify mocks & DM had quite a few yes/no questions, two of which i skipped bcus of time ;-;;

Well done on your score! Do you mind me asking where you plan on applying to? Thanks :smile:
Original post by AA3005
Are those all the resources you used? medify and ucat official? thanks

Those were the main resources. I also had the 1250 questions book which I used at first, but it definitely is harder than the real thing.
Original post by NicoleDV
Well done on your score! Do you mind me asking where you plan on applying to? Thanks :smile:

considering how average my score is, probably liverpool, birmingham, bristol etc.
considering how average my score is, probably liverpool, birmingham, bristol etc

Massive good luck! You done exceptionally well given the weird circumstances we all face when doing the testing this year. :smile:
considering how average my score is, probably liverpool, birmingham, bristol etc.

Bristol is extremely ucat heavy (2800+) and Birmingham would require amazing GCSE's to compensate for an average ucat (and even then it's a risk). Not sure about Liverpool but @GANFYD can definitely help you there. But definitely avoid Bristol and Birmingham
Reply 65
Anyone know what's a good ucat score to get into leicester or birmingham?
does anyone know how to improve VR scores? I’m worried because of everyone saying that it is harder in the actual test, but I’m currently getting low marks on Medify ;( I’m not sure whether to follow the strategy of searching for keywords or skim reading cuz I have difficulty retaining the info after reading the whole passage :// does anyone have any tips?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 67
Original post by Elissamoor123
are u taking exams in the autumn time then with your application or summer time 2021.

Also how did it feel preparing for the second time, did you feel you got much better and how long did you prepare for?

I am waiting for my A level results next week, hopefully th exam board will go with the suggestions from my teachers, my latest predicted grades were A*AA (French biology chemistry) I did it in one year after I finished my French Baccalaureate (some Unis don't consider the French Baccalaureate so I had to spend one year to do A levels)
I will do the BMAT in November, my dream Uni is UCL
Reply 68
Original post by Elissamoor123
are u taking exams in the autumn time then with your application or summer time 2021.

Also how did it feel preparing for the second time, did you feel you got much better and how long did you prepare for?

Preparing for the second time was OK, I started beginning of June, I did Kaplan prep and all the UCAT mocks and got consistant 700-750 in all sections but on the day of the test scores were not as good as I expected but better than last year :smile:
Original post by melon_bomb
Just did my test today in a centre, scored:
VR 820
DM 710 (was kinda annoyed about that, but my pen ran out pretty early on in the section and I had to get a new one - check your pens!!)
QR: 870
AR: 900
Band 1
If you have questions then you can go for it

wow!! well done! these scores are amazing!!! can i ask, do you have any tips on QR? I'm struggling with the timings :/
Original post by MarshmallowStars
wow!! well done! these scores are amazing!!! can i ask, do you have any tips on QR? I'm struggling with the timings :/

Hi there, thanks very much! QR, my main tip is triaging tricky questions or ones that are just gonna take to long. For example, in my test there were a couple of questions that would have taken aaages like calculating two big averages and then finding a percentage change etc. Those questions just aren't worth your time, guess, flag and move on. Likely the next question will just be mental maths or a single calculation and worth the exact same so don't waste your time! Also, get as good as you can at using the calculator with your numpad, and using the whiteboard to make notes of things to remember as you go through a question that maybe requires a couple of calculations. Honestly, you'll improve with practice, and the test is definitely easier than the mocks on medify or the UCAT website :smile:
Hi there, thanks very much! QR, my main tip is triaging tricky questions or ones that are just gonna take to long. For example, in my test there were a couple of questions that would have taken aaages like calculating two big averages and then finding a percentage change etc. Those questions just aren't worth your time, guess, flag and move on. Likely the next question will just be mental maths or a single calculation and worth the exact same so don't waste your time! Also, get as good as you can at using the calculator with your numpad, and using the whiteboard to make notes of things to remember as you go through a question that maybe requires a couple of calculations. Honestly, you'll improve with practice, and the test is definitely easier than the mocks on medify or the UCAT website :smile:

Are there loads of tax questions? Can’t stand those honestly ah
Reply 72
Just did my test today in a centre, scored:
VR 820
DM 710 (was kinda annoyed about that, but my pen ran out pretty early on in the section and I had to get a new one - check your pens!!)
QR: 870
AR: 900
Band 1
If you have questions then you can go for it

How did you get so good at AR and how do you spot the pattens so quickly
Hey guys,

So I’ve just finished my UCAT.

Did okay but I’m quite worried about my SJT score:

Got:

VR: 700
DM: 720
QR: 710
AR: 720
SJT: Band 3 (yikes)

Thoughts:
VR: I found VR pretty standard, comparable to the online official mocks. Texts were slightly longer but I didn’t find it too bad as VR is always one of my best sections.
DM: again, kinda similar to the practice materials and medify but slightly harder imo. Some questions were a bit weird and I didn’t get any interpreting graphs.
QR: thought it was fine, must’ve made some silly mistakes
AR: HARD. So many patterns I was like wtf? Too much going on.

SJT: honestly found this really difficult and spent ages going back and forth between answers which I guess led to me messing up. Usually scored Band 1/2 so I don’t know what happened here. Quite sad ):

I’m hoping to apply to a mixture of A100 and A101 programmes, mainly the London unis. Does anyone know if King’s and Barts (either grad or undergrad) will accept a Band 3? Any help will be much appreciated.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 74
Original post by Argonaute
Hey guys,

Got:

Thoughts:
VR: I found VR pretty standard, comparable to the online official mocks. Texts were slightly longer but I didn’t find it too bad as VR is always one of my best sections.
DM: again, kinda similar to the practice materials and medify but slightly harder imo. Some questions were a bit weird and I didn’t get any interpreting graphs.

SJT: honestly found this really difficult and spent ages going back and forth between answers which I guess led to me messing up. Usually scored Band 1/2 so I don’t know what happened here. Quite sad ):

I’m a grad hoping to apply to a mixture of A100 and A101 programmes, mainly the London unis. Does anyone know if King’s and Barts (either grad or undergrad) will accept a Band 3? Any help will be much appreciated.

hey, congrats on the score! it's perfectly understandable that you're bummed out about the band 3 but your average looks great and you should be proud of yourself!! for undergrad, king's won't not accept a band 3, but it isn't given any extra weighting - while band 2 is, and band 1 is given double the weighting of a band 2. that's all i know!
again, congratulations! it must feel like such a relief that it's finally over :biggrin:
Original post by qeachy
hey, congrats on the score! it's perfectly understandable that you're bummed out about the band 3 but your average looks great and you should be proud of yourself!! for undergrad, king's won't not accept a band 3, but it isn't given any extra weighting - while band 2 is, and band 1 is given double the weighting of a band 2. that's all i know!
again, congratulations! it must feel like such a relief that it's finally over :biggrin:

Thank you!!
Really hoping a Band 3 doesn’t count against me too much. So frustrating! Anyways very glad it’s all over indeed
Reply 76
I did mine on a Dell laptop this morning and I thought I would give a rundown (got 2940, 735 average, band 1)
VR: (got 760) simple passages, mostly true false can't tell qs, but the inference ones were kinda hard. All in all pretty similar to medify
Dm: (got 800) same difficulty as official / medify however some of the logicy questions were a slightly diff style but not any harder
QR: (got 700) the * on my keyboard didn't work so I had to do it manually which wasted some time. at the end none of my keyboard keys worked but that was the last couple of questions so it was fine. Aside from technical issues, same difficulty as medify (some were hard tho do not be fooled). also lots of averages
AR: (got 680) hahahahah what a car crash. without revision I would have easily got 300. pretty much every pattern was difficult and I only got the ones I got because I had previously messed up similar ones on medify. guessed about 4 but clearly guessed lucky. only worked out one pattern for each
SJT: (got band 1) normal difficulty, if not easier those weird questions at the end of official mocks did come up

also my mum accidentally walked in at one point but nothing happened so that was good
Original post by JPWR1
Just completed my UCAT about 20mins ago
VR: 530
DM: 700
QR: 690
AR: 670
Band 2

All better than my medify mock scores except VR which was 650-750 in medify mocks.
Edit: VR UCAT was horrible. Long and complex texts with complex and similar options. *imo*

Congrats! I'm really struggling with DM and SJT. Have you got any tips for me? how many weeks/ hours of prep did you do?
Original post by Argonaute
Hey guys,

Got:

Thoughts:

I’m hoping to apply to a mixture of A100 and A101 programmes, mainly the London unis. Does anyone know if King’s and Barts (either grad or undergrad) will accept a Band 3? Any help will be much appreciated.

Well done! Now you can relax for a bit :smile:
Did my UCAT on the 3rd at a test center

VR: 630
DM: 670
QR: 620
AR: 680
SJT: band 2

Resources used: Medify

Disappointed with QR since during my practice I always scored 700+, and overall expected a little more :/

Latest

Trending

Trending