The Student Room Group

Applications for Frontline, Think Ahead, StepUp Summer 2021.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Oh brill!! Thank you so much, I’ll keep an eye out too for the undergrad days they do but I don’t think we will have much luck until lockdown is over and yeah definitely I’m also going to apply for step up and a masters 😂 just to keep my options open- I don’t think I can cope with my part time job for another year after graduation
They are apparently going to be virtual
Yes your right keep your options open that’s why I’m doing the master because what if I don’t get on to any of the programmes or they have to defer me- then I would of waisted a year
Reply 22
Yeah that’s literally my thinking too !!! So glad someone else is doing the same I’ve been so worried
Nothing to be worried about the future has many doors all filled with new challenges and adventures
So I have now been allocated a dates of 8th July for the frontline insight day. Really looking forward to it.
Reply 25
Original post by Anisablue
So I have now been allocated a dates of 8th July for the frontline insight day. Really looking forward to it.

that’s amazing!!!! I hope it goes well !!
Hello, it's so great to see some posts about applications for Frontline this year!

I am hoping to get a place on the Frontline programme. I really wanted a place on the programme info webinar but by the time I'd checked my emails all the places had sold out :frown: If anyone on here is attending, could they forward on the information? The webinar is apparently offering access to early bird applications so I'm sad to have missed out on this.

The only thing that I am worried about with Frontline is relocation. I live in Cambridgeshire and am hoping to buy our first home in the new year, so relocating would not be ideal. If I was successful in getting a place, I really hope a placement could be found for me locally.

Does anyone know if the Step Up programme is going ahead in 2022? I keep checking the government website but there's no information about it. I'm guessing things are on hold because of the lockdown. The Step Up programme would be ideal for me as it runs at my local university in Cambridge, Anglia Ruskin.

The other option is a Postgraduate Diploma in Social Work. I completed a distance learning Masters in SEN in September whilst working full time in a school for children with autism. It's since this lockdown that I've been reflecting on what I want to do, and have realised that I would like to move from education into social work. I took out the postgraduate loan for my Masters and so unfortunately I would need to self-fund, which would mean relying on family to help loan me the money. It would be the course fees plus living expenses, so around £25,000 :/

It would be good to hear from anyone who would like to apply :smile:
Original post by Jessruth92
Hello, it's so great to see some posts about applications for Frontline this year!

I am hoping to get a place on the Frontline programme. I really wanted a place on the programme info webinar but by the time I'd checked my emails all the places had sold out :frown: If anyone on here is attending, could they forward on the information? The webinar is apparently offering access to early bird applications so I'm sad to have missed out on this.

The only thing that I am worried about with Frontline is relocation. I live in Cambridgeshire and am hoping to buy our first home in the new year, so relocating would not be ideal. If I was successful in getting a place, I really hope a placement could be found for me locally.

Does anyone know if the Step Up programme is going ahead in 2022? I keep checking the government website but there's no information about it. I'm guessing things are on hold because of the lockdown. The Step Up programme would be ideal for me as it runs at my local university in Cambridge, Anglia Ruskin.

The other option is a Postgraduate Diploma in Social Work. I completed a distance learning Masters in SEN in September whilst working full time in a school for children with autism. It's since this lockdown that I've been reflecting on what I want to do, and have realised that I would like to move from education into social work. I took out the postgraduate loan for my Masters and so unfortunately I would need to self-fund, which would mean relying on family to help loan me the money. It would be the course fees plus living expenses, so around £25,000 :/

It would be good to hear from anyone who would like to apply :smile:

Hey everyone!!

I am also going to be applying for the Frontline 2021 cohort. I have been waiting to apply for 2 years now ever since starting University but I'm about to start my last year and hoping to jump straight into Frontline after graduating.

I was lucky enough to get a ticket to the webinar 🙌 but they did sell out soo fast. I got mine for the 18th Aug- the last day!
I really want to get in but the selection process makes me so nervous. I'm hoping the early bird application can mean I get told quicker about their decision aswell- if I even get that far.
Iv also got 2 kids and I'm in the Northwest area, which I know is a highly sought after area but i would be willing to move to the Coventry area if necessary because I have all my family in London and Coventry so moving closer (but defo not in expensive London lol) is something I have been considering for a long time now.

I have been reading up on their Leadership statements but its still so nerve wracking and it ain't even open yet!! 🙈

GoodLuck to the all of us!
Reply 28
Hi everyone!!
It’s so great to hear from you, I also tried to get a place on the webinars but they sold out so fast so unfortunately I didn’t. I know the selection process is absolutely nerve wracking and I am also in the North West!
Best of luck to all of us! I’m really nervous to apply as I’m also hoping to get a place straight from graduating so my experience in the social care field is limited to my volunteering which hasn’t been going ahead for the last few months due to COVID. So I’m very nervous about that!
Hope everyone is well and staying safe,
Hope to hear from you soon!
Hello,really good to hear from people who are also applying!
MelissaLuna, could you pass on the information from the webinar? I'd be really grateful ☺️

There seems to be a lot of vacancies in the Cambridgeshire area for social workers at the moment so I'm hoping I'd be able to stay in this area. In the process of buying a house and so relocating would not be ideal with the cost involved etc.

Not long till we can apply!
Original post by Jess_Rose92
Hello,really good to hear from people who are also applying!
MelissaLuna, could you pass on the information from the webinar? I'd be really grateful ☺️

There seems to be a lot of vacancies in the Cambridgeshire area for social workers at the moment so I'm hoping I'd be able to stay in this area. In the process of buying a house and so relocating would not be ideal with the cost involved etc.

Not long till we can apply!

Hey 👋

Yeah I would be happy to give any helpful tips that they may pass on.
I'm super anxious to apply the closer it's getting 🙃
11 days until the webinar and early app for fingers crossed.

I have written all the competences on a white board in my kitchen so I can always see it and hopefully it can be transmitted to my mind😅 😂

Chaarlieex, I'm also in the same boat with my volunteering limited to just Childline for the past 2 years but I have heard of people on past cohorts getting in with zero experience so I'm hoping it rains in our favour 🤞
Original post by MelissaLuna
Hey 👋

Yeah I would be happy to give any helpful tips that they may pass on.
I'm super anxious to apply the closer it's getting 🙃
11 days until the webinar and early app for fingers crossed.

I have written all the competences on a white board in my kitchen so I can always see it and hopefully it can be transmitted to my mind😅 😂

Chaarlieex, I'm also in the same boat with my volunteering limited to just Childline for the past 2 years but I have heard of people on past cohorts getting in with zero experience so I'm hoping it rains in our favour 🤞

Thank you MelissaLuna :smile:
Wishing you all the best with your application.
Original post by Jessruth92
Thank you MelissaLuna :smile:
Wishing you all the best with your application.

Hey 👋

So the webinar went great.
The best tip they gave was to have your answers ready before the video interview of questions you think they would ask and examples of the competences like bullet points so that the interview flows more freely and your not having to think too much on the spot.

They also said to get the applications done as soon as you can because there is going to be a lot more applicants this year and because its rolling basis, the sooner then better.

Good luck everyone with your applications! 🙏
Hey 👋

So the webinar went great.
The best tip they gave was to have your answers ready before the video interview of questions you think they would ask and examples of the competences like bullet points so that the interview flows more freely and your not having to think too much on the spot.

They also said to get the applications done as soon as you can because there is going to be a lot more applicants this year and because its rolling basis, the sooner then better.

Good luck everyone with your applications! 🙏

Hello Melissa

Thank you ever so much for passing on the information.

When can you apply if you get the early bird access?

I wonder when the applications will open, I'm thinking in a couple of weeks.
Hello Melissa

Thank you ever so much for passing on the information.

When can you apply if you get the early bird access?

I wonder when the applications will open, I'm thinking in a couple of weeks.

Hey 👋

Its no problem 😊

The early bird applications open on Monday they said.
I think the last year's applications opened around the 15th Sept but could be wrong.
So definitely apply as soon as you can because there was 80 people in the webinar I was in and they did several sessions. And they only have like 450 spots so with the amount of people who have access to the early bird is atleast over 250 people if they do complete it early, plus all the deferred people from last year. So sooner your app the more likely to not get deferred.

I'm going to be thinking about my answers this weekend. So wish me luck and good luck to you aswell 🙏 🙌
Can anyone apply early or is it only people that attended the webinar?
Original post by rebeccalilley
Can anyone apply early or is it only peonople that attended the webinar?

Only people from the webinar will recieve a link to the early bird application. Otherwise you would have to wait till normal opening in Sept.
Does any one know what type of questions they ask on the initial application?
Hey 👋

Its no problem 😊

The early bird applications open on Monday they said.
I think the last year's applications opened around the 15th Sept but could be wrong.
So definitely apply as soon as you can because there was 80 people in the webinar I was in and they did several sessions. And they only have like 450 spots so with the amount of people who have access to the early bird is atleast over 250 people if they do complete it early, plus all the deferred people from last year. So sooner your app the more likely to not get deferred.

I'm going to be thinking about my answers this weekend. So wish me luck and good luck to you aswell 🙏 🙌

Hi Melissa,

Thank you for the information.

Will get my application in as soon as possible!

Is deferring as a result of covid? As I thought that students couldn't defer on the programme.
Naomi - Nobody actually knows whats on the application and I don't even think applicants are allowed to say whats on it but there's good tips and hints on the website

Hi Melissa,

Thank you for the information.

Will get my application in as soon as possible!

Is deferring as a result of covid? As I thought that students couldn't defer on the programme.

There was a bunch of people who got in the 2020 cohorts but was deferred for a year due to a lack of placement spaces in their area. So they get it guaranteed for the next year. So less spaces for us applying this year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending