The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StriderHort
I've been a student, employed, unemployed ect. many times. I'm not intending to judge students...i just know the kind of people they're going to be often dealing with. But as you say I get the service is changing, more online ect, The times i'm talking about could hopefully be seen as almost the bad old days.

You have good say, but I think it’s a good opportunity from my experience. You obviously learn with time. You get the odd difficult people but customer service is essential and there is a lot of support from colleagues.
Hi, how did your interview go?? Ive got mine tomorrow, quite nervous!
Original post by Annhay
I sent a message to Hr as I was the same tired of checking everyday. Apparently they have had a huge a volume of applications. Good luck!

Did you get a response?
Original post by RJNJI
Hi every1. Im new here but rlly wanted to post about the dwp wc job recruitment. Im in london and i applied way back in july and havent heard anything. Interview is done too. I wonder y its taking ages. I think i haven't got a place as ppl sound like they are getting offers 😔

Hi, did you hear back yet?
Reply 64
Original post by keeks678
Hi, did you hear back yet?

No. I just saw the update in the cs portal removing the feedback. I think a few ppl have said that the feedback has been removed for them which might mean shifting is happening. I only noticed today. What about you?
Reply 65
Original post by RJNJI
No. I just saw the update in the cs portal removing the feedback. I think a few ppl have said that the feedback has been removed for them which might mean shifting is happening. I only noticed today. What about you?

I dont think anyone from London has heard back yet. I had 5 days to complete mine so by the 10th august so i reckon interviews are taking place to at least then
Original post by RJNJI

I receieved an email last week inviting me to an online video interview, after having received an invite to take part in an "optional" survey for their recruitment.

Will gdo the interview today ahead of Mondays deadline! Was hoping someone had done it already so i can get an idea of potential questions. All the best!
Original post by GloomyBear258
I applied for the EO role for DWP. Had my interview on Sunday. I don’t feel like the interview went well. I was so nervous! Have to just wait and see now though. Annoyed at myself as DWP hardly ever have vacancies and if I don’t make it this time I might be waiting a while before I get another opportunity.

I’m currently an AO for HMRC. Not sure if I done well enough to progress to EO yet.

Sorry to hear it didn’t go well, just remember everyone is nervous at interview - it shows you want the job! Do you remember what the questions were? I have my interview to do by Thursday and I’m trying to prep but I’ve just moved house and it’s just stressing me out!
Reply 68
Original post by Business23456
It will ask your a strength based and then a success profile based question, the strength based questions are quick fired questions meaning you cannot prepare for these. They give you 5 seconds to answer the strength based and 30 seconds to answer the successProfile based such as “give an example of when you delivered at pace”. Make sure you read the job description, study the job description so you know it inside out. Pick out the buzz words and use them to your advantage. Read the person specification too, that’s the vital aspect of any interview. Good luck.

Hi,

You just gave a question hypothetically right? As far as I am aware, we are not responsible for delivering at peace
Original post by ihan
Hi,

You just gave a question hypothetically right? As far as I am aware, we are not responsible for delivering at peace

Yes, this was just an example 😂
Original post by deepbluecici
Sorry to hear it didn’t go well, just remember everyone is nervous at interview - it shows you want the job! Do you remember what the questions were? I have my interview to do by Thursday and I’m trying to prep but I’ve just moved house and it’s just stressing me out!

Had mine today - so nerve wracking. Definetely practice communicating and influence, Effective decisions and managaing a quality service. Other questions are strength based and will be random. One of mine for example was would you say you offer sound judgement/advice? Like wth!? lol
Whoever did the interview - do you look directly into the camera or do you just look at the screen when you're recording?
Original post by makkurokurosuke
Whoever did the interview - do you look directly into the camera or do you just look at the screen when you're recording?

I looked straight into the camera, the woman in the beginning of the video will advise you to do so :smile:
Original post by makkurokurosuke

You should be looking into the camera and try not to look at yourself on the screen
Please, how long does each behaviour question last for? Some are saying 3mins and others saying 5mins, please what's the actual time?
Original post by keeks678
Had mine today - so nerve wracking. Definetely practice communicating and influence, Effective decisions and managaing a quality service. Other questions are strength based and will be random. One of mine for example was would you say you offer sound judgement/advice? Like wth!? lol

It’s the random questions that will trip me up...they could literally ask anything! I mean if you didn’t think you offered good advice you probably wouldn’t be applying for a work coach job haha. Thanks for the heads up and best of luck to you :smile:
Original post by deepbluecici
It’s the random questions that will trip me up...they could literally ask anything! I mean if you didn’t think you offered good advice you probably wouldn’t be applying for a work coach job haha. Thanks for the heads up and best of luck to you :smile:

The random questions aren’t to trick you. The strength based questions are to see your initial response, and your actual stengths to see if you are the right candidate. They’re only meant to be a few sentences which is why they give you 5 seconds to think. Be yourself in these questions. The whole purpose of them is for you to be yourself and say what you feel. They’ll ask any question or make a statement and you have to say what you feel what your response would be. It can be a question like ‘do you prefer starting a task or ending a task?’ There’s no right answer. As long as you show your first response and explain why, they will not mark you down for it. If they feel you have rehearsed any of these and you’re not showing your natural response, they may mark you down.
Reply 77
Hi! I had my video interview Does anyone know how long you hear back from them?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Anne1082
Hi! I had my video interview on Sunday. Does anyone know how long you hear back from them?

I’ve been waiting 4 weeks tomorrow. Good luck with your application
Reply 79
Original post by Hayliebear
I’ve been waiting 4 weeks tomorrow. Good luck with your application

That’s a long time!
(edited 3 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending