The Student Room Group

Biochemistry

Hi , I’m quite interested in the biochemistry course and I would quite like to know some more info about it . I know like roughly what it is and it seems like a course I’d enjoy but I was wondering if anyone would be able to explain what sort of things you do on the course and what their personal experience of the course was . In my higher results today I got A in biology and pe , B in chemistry and C’s in English and maths however I am appealing to get English and maths put up to at least a B as I was predicted that and would need it to stand a chance in getting into biochem . This coming year the subjects I’m doing are AH chem , AH bio , H modern studies and N5 physics ( might swap this but not sure) . Do you think I have w good chance of being accepted with these grades and courses
Hi, I want to do medicine but before I did I wanted to do biochemistry. I think you do stand a chance of course not in the top universities like oxford, but I know Teeside and Sheffield Hallam university accept those grades for biochemistry and there will be plenty more. I haven’t actually done the degree but I found this link that has some useful information you might want to look at.

https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/job-profiles/biochemist
Original post by Newyorkiscool
Hi, I want to do medicine but before I did I wanted to do biochemistry. I think you do stand a chance of course not in the top universities like oxford, but I know Teeside and Sheffield Hallam university accept those grades for biochemistry and there will be plenty more. I haven’t actually done the degree but I found this link that has some useful information you might want to look at.

https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/job-profiles/biochemist

Thank you for that:smile: , yeh I wouldn’t be looking at anywhere like oxford . I’d be trying to go to a scotland uni if possible as I live up here. Thank you for that link tho , was really helpful
Hi, I recommend the whatuni? App it really helps to find universities with the entry requirements and location you want so you can do further research into the degree you choose to peruse
Original post by Newyorkiscool
Hi, I recommend the whatuni? App it really helps to find universities with the entry requirements and location you want so you can do further research into the degree you choose to peruse

Is this a free app?
Yes, you can find it in the App Store.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending