The Student Room Group

BTEC level 3.2 grade

since this whole coronavirus pandemic I'm not too sure about what grade I'm going to get, over the course of 2 years of BTEC applied science level 3.2 I've achieved 9 Distinctions 6 merits and 4 passes. my entry for university is DDM does anyone think those grades are enough or even higher to achieve my DDM entry grade?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anonymous---..
since this whole coronavirus pandemic I'm not too sure about what grade I'm going to get, over the course of 2 years of BTEC applied science level 3.2 I've achieved 9 Distinctions 6 merits and 4 passes. my entry for university is DDM does anyone think those grades are enough or even higher to achieve my DDM entry grade?

There are normally 18 units in an extended diploma. Unclear why you have 19 unless some of those are half units?
In any event by my calculations the lowest you can get with those grades is DDM.
Original post by 999tigger
There are normally 18 units in an extended diploma. Unclear why you have 19 unless some of those are half units?
In any event by my calculations the lowest you can get with those grades is DDM.

so if i go by the 18 units i got 8 distinctions 6 merits and 4 passes is that still enough to achieve a DDM or Higher
so if i go by the 18 units i got 8 distinctions 6 merits and 4 passes is that still enough to achieve a DDM or Higher

I believe its DDM and that is the calculation I made.
I believe its DDM and that is the calculation I made.

okay thank you a lot for this reassurance :biggrin:
okay thank you a lot for this reassurance :biggrin:

I am assuming they are all ten credit units..
The advantage of BTEC is you know what you need all along.
I am assuming they are all ten credit units..
The advantage of BTEC is you know what you need all along.

There were 2 5 credit units last year but apart from that they're all 10 credit
There were 2 5 credit units last year but apart from that they're all 10 credit

I assume the 2x5 you got distinctions for? In any event DDM. Close to DDD. Passes really kill you.
I assume the 2x5 you got distinctions for? In any event DDM. Close to DDD. Passes really kill you.

ohh calm , yh the passes were from last year didnt take the units too seriously last year

hey i've just calculated my grade for 10 distinctions 5 merits and 3 passes and it rounded up to DMM, can u help me do a calculation on here.
so basically i have 8 distinctions with 10 credits and 2 with 5 credits, then i have 5 merits with 10 credits and 3 passes with 10 credits
hey i've just calculated my grade for 10 distinctions 5 merits and 3 passes and it rounded up to DMM, can u help me do a calculation on here.
so basically i have 8 distinctions with 10 credits and 2 with 5 credits, then i have 5 merits with 10 credits and 3 passes with 10 credits

Doesnt that add up tp 17 units?
Did you do an externally assessed exam as they cna often be double units?
Doesnt that add up tp 17 units?
Did you do an externally assessed exam as they cna often be double units?

i basically got 9 distinctions 5 merits and 4 passes. im just stressing if thats enough for a DDM plus two of those distinctions are 5 credit
i basically got 9 distinctions 5 merits and 4 passes. im just stressing if thats enough for a DDM plus two of those distinctions are 5 credit

I believe it should add up to 180 credits.
I believe it should add up to 180 credits.

Is that enough for a DDM
Is that enough for a DDM

Its what I believe the course consists of. Units which add up to 180 credits. As I said if you did exams and it was externally assessed that is probably a 20 credit unit.
Its what I believe the course consists of. Units which add up to 180 credits. As I said if you did exams and it was externally assessed that is probably a 20 credit unit.

btw if i get a DMM hopefully not and the entry for the uni is DDM is there a chance of me getting in
btw if i get a DMM hopefully not and the entry for the uni is DDM is there a chance of me getting in

Sort out where your ten credits have gone.
You may have to look at the original spec of your course and tick off which units you have done.
Reply 17
You may have to look at the original spec of your course and tick off which units you have done.

Hello,

Can you help like you did with the other user? I am doing BTEC extended diploma, in my first year i got DM, these are all the grades per unit- P,D,P,M,D,D,D,P,D,D,M,D,D,M,M,D There are three which are left out so no grades . Can you predict or tell me my grades :colondollar:

Thank you

You need to know where the ten credits are because they are worth marks which are enough to change your final grade.
Original post by 32bit
Hello,

Can you help like you did with the other user? I am doing BTEC extended diploma, in my first year i got DM, these are all the grades per unit- P,D,P,M,D,D,D,P,D,D,M,D,D,M,M,D There are three which are left out so no grades . Can you predict or tell me my grades :colondollar:

Thank you

Which ones of those units are double.
16x10 credits is 160 credits.

Tell me how many DM and P you got.
the ones which are externally assessed are likely to be 20 credit doubles.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending