The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

When you say that he wants a baby do you mean now or in the future once your relationship has developed further?
Assuming you arent trolling, then run like the wind.
Reply 3
well i mean if your okay with the fact that he will most likely leave you as a single mother and your on your own with a child struggling to provide by yourself then yeah sure
ultimately, its your decision - we don't know the full situation and only you actually have to carry the baby for 9 months and then raise it.

for some they can make it work, but it definitely sounds like a more difficult route to go down. if you're not sure you want one, that might be a good place to start.
If you meet right now, rather than in the future then definitely not. It took us about 6 years to decide it was time to have kids.
Reply 6
It’s quite unusual, and is quite risky in my view. Don’t let him pressure you into something like this, do it when your ready 😊
What could go wrong?
Original post by Anonymous
Good or bad? Would you agree to it?

Well it depends does he mean now? or later?

It would be a bit weird to raise a kid with a guy you've barely been with, you don't really know how well he'd be around kids, if you haven't been with him for that long.

If he means in the future, again that depends would you like kids, if you do then that's a good thing it means you two can probably see each other together in the future, and that's so imperative when it comes to making a relationship last.
Reply 9
Good or bad? Would you agree to it?

The point is what do you want? You barely know the guy!
Run away!
Is this kind of stupid stuff only happens in UK or what? I read here where girl wanted to have a baby even though she was only 20 and the guy was on the placement year and at university. This is complete rubbish. What people eat in UK?
Is this kind of stupid stuff only happens in UK or what? I read here where girl wanted to have a baby even though she was only 20 and the guy was on the placement year and at university. This is complete rubbish. What people eat in UK?

No, that is misplaced viewpoint. I'm 22 and just about to start a masters degree (i never want bloody kids!)
Reply 13

Steak and chips only!
Reply 14
Original post by conorellis42
No, that is misplaced viewpoint. I'm 22 and just about to start a masters degree (i never want bloody kids!)

famous last words!
Reply 15
Original post by yzanne
ultimately, its your decision - we don't know the full situation and only you actually have to carry the baby for 9 months and then raise it.

for some they can make it work, but it definitely sounds like a more difficult route to go down. if you're not sure you want one, that might be a good place to start.

No. No. No.!!
if this guy means in the future then its definitely something to think about if you do see a future with him, if he means now and seems to be pressuring you then honestly i would get away while you can, wouldn't surprise me if this guy has some sort of ulterior motive as to what he's doing :/
Original post by mgi
famous last words!

I think having children would affect my productivity and current life trajectory! To become successful you need to make sacrifices
I will advice you to only have kids and sex in a marital relationship. The choice is yours to make🤷*♀️
Reply 19
I will advice you to only have kids and sex in a marital relationship. The choice is yours to make🤷*♀️

Why in a marital relationship? It guarantees nothing.

Latest

Trending

Trending