The Student Room Group

Yooo, Going into Year 13 September 2020

anyone going into year 13 in september take English Lit, History and Psychology? Or even one?
Reply 1
Yo LiskinDicaprio,
I take Psychology,Bio and Chem A-levels and have my mocks around next month in Sep so going into year 13 wys
Original post by 14424
Yo LiskinDicaprio,
I take Psychology,Bio and Chem A-levels and have my mocks around next month in Sep so going into year 13 wys

yooo yeah i got the same man
mocks in september then a few internal exams in october
idek what i’m gonna do man
revsion hella hard man, how you revising psych?
Reply 3
Original post by LiSkinDicaprio

Also, this is a bit off topic but in AS level the highest grade given is an A,so regarding the mock I do in September as we are doing A-levels the highest grade given should be an A* right as some ppl may be predicted an Astar,if you know please answer yhh
I hope what I said before helps,if you have any q's reply below yahh👍😊
omg yes you do the exact same subjects as me!!
Original post by 14424
The way I'm reviisng is
I go over the topics for instance we have SI.Memory.RMYR1 and Attachment in our exam,so I read the topics in my book and then write notes for them,they can also be found on websites.
Then, I do questons to test my knowledge starting from amber to green
Then for the essays, I make essay columns especially 16 markers and then gradually so hopefully from next week 2 papers a day,first open book then in timed conditions and when I mark it I will ensure I be strict and hopefully keep getting the top level band each time,but obviously at first I may start by getting a Grade C as that is where your textbook and revision guide gets you and then I gradually I will improve hopefully achieving a top grade in time condiitons.
Hope this helps:smile:

oh okay
thank you i’ll look into it
Reply 6
oh okay
thank you i’ll look into it

Oh ok good and ty
Original post by 14424
Also, this is a bit off topic but in AS level the highest grade given is an A,so regarding the mock I do in September as we are doing A-levels the highest grade given should be an A* right as some ppl may be predicted an Astar,if you know please answer yhh
I hope what I said before helps,if you have any q's reply below yahh👍😊

i’m really confused
we don’t do as level but we only doing a level mocks
Reply 8
i’m really confused
we don’t do as level but we only doing a level mocks

Oh ok yhh so the highest grade on the paper should be A* right for all subjects,so that's the highest grade our teachers could predict us right
Reply 9
Oh okkk coolll
what skl do u go to? we may even go to the same skl maybee
Also,how do you revise for Bio and chem and any more advice for psychology😊
anyone going into year 13 in september take English Lit, History and Psychology? Or even one?

Psychology 🙌
Reply 11
Original post by SomethingFun
Psychology 🙌

Me too😁
How exactly do you revise for Psychology and any tips to get A/A*
What kinda grades are you achieving and do u also have mocks in sep like everyone else above
I mainly revise the core studies by noting APRC posters/sheets for each (aim, procedure, results, conclusion).
I also have a key feature in each study so that I can remember which one is which... theres too many!!
I got a B in my year 12 mock and am aiming for at least an A in year 13! I dont have mocks in September I only have them at the end of every term, like Christmas easter and summer
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by SomethingFun
I mainly revise the core studies by noting APRC posters/sheets for each (aim, procedure, results, conclusion).
I also have a key feature in each study so that I can remember which one is which... theres too many!!
I got a B in my year 12 mock and am aiming for at least an A in year 13! I dont have mocks in September I only have them at the end of every term, like Christmas easter and summer

Oh ok thankyou
That's really helpful,do you do AQA
Good luck in your future mocks:smile:

Going into year 13 this september, I do maths, physics and computer science.
I have mock exams in september (these are the end of year 12 formal mock exams that got shifted to september due to school closures).

Right now, i am recapping my AS content and learning year 13 content as well.....
Original post by CurryCurry2468
Going into year 13 this september, I do maths, physics and computer science.
I have mock exams in september (these are the end of year 12 formal mock exams that got shifted to september due to school closures).

Right now, i am recapping my AS content and learning year 13 content as well.....

for fr it a joke man
we got our july mocks in september, another set in october, then in dec/jan
Original post by 14424
Oh ok thankyou

i do AQA if that helps?
Original post by 14424
Oh ok thankyou

I do OCR.
Thankyou! Best of luck:smile:

I feel bad for you - luckily our college made us do mocks just before Covid and We’re not gonna do mocks till December now

Quick Reply

Latest