The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Noodlzzz
I wanted to do it too but my downstairs neighbour complains I walk too loud let alone do start jumps!

lol aw no! :frown:
I do it outside cos I'm too conscious of my family judging me doing "bunny hops" haaa
Original post by jazzj
lol aw no! :frown:
I do it outside cos I'm too conscious of my family judging me doing "bunny hops" haaa

I used to have issues with exercise addiction. When I lived in halls I would do star jumps whilst the pasta was boiling or whatever. Got some strange looks!
Original post by yzanne
good news - i'm finally doing exercise again.

i want to get into running to improve my stamina, as that's the big issue at the moment :yep:

Yay

Original post by MusicalMe101
Most of the exercise I did before was at school either during the sports lessons or in extra curricular activities, I also did a lot of walking around the school campus and now I've become trapped in a small apartment so haven't done much apart from some pilates or yoga every now and then.

Oh that sucks but you could go out for walks?

Original post by Bill V2
What exercise routine?

LOL

That is cool, maybe nearby you could do walks.
My family’s really cautious of covid as we have someone with quite a weak immune system at home, plus there’s always tons of people outside be it alone or in groups where I live so going outside isn’t ideal, but yeah I get your point and I’d love to go on walks every now and then
(edited 3 years ago)
i used to go to the gym, but now I'm doing all my normal exercises (more butt stuff which is good) and less running.

it's the running i need to practise because i need more stamina! :yep:
My family’s really cautious of covid as we have someone with quite a weak immune system at home, plus there’s always tons of people outside be it alone or in groups where I live so going outside isn’t ideal, but yeah I get your point and I’d love to go on walks every now and then

Oh that makes sense. Yoy don't have a garden? :redface: Neither do I,I had just fallen ill the weekend just before lockdown and was going out of my mind as usually when I am ill, I like the fresh air. This time I was cooped inside until my family took the decision to take me home as I wasn't getting better, hadn't eaten for an entire week, and was unable to sip water, and did not want to go on thw drip when hospital spaces were needed more than ever. My family have a very tiny garden.
aw working out outside is soooo much more fun than indoors in a tiny room. The rooms in my house are way too small to work out in but there's just enough space in the garden which is really funnnn (as long as I don't knock all my plants over hehe)

I also just don't have motivation when I'm inside my house, compared to at the gym/outside? The same goes for schoolwork... I cba at home bu at school I go into proper sTuDy mOdE
Original post by jazzj
aw working out outside is soooo much more fun than indoors in a tiny room. The rooms in my house are way too small to work out in but there's just enough space in the garden which is really funnnn (as long as I don't knock all my plants over hehe)

I also just don't have motivation when I'm inside my house, compared to at the gym/outside? The same goes for schoolwork... I cba at home bu at school I go into proper sTuDy mOdE

Nah I prefer to exercise indoors as outside I feel self conscious, but otherwise I like to be in the greenery, or reading and wasting time at home. I hated studying in school ngl, I would have preferred it at home -over and done with in a few hours flat with the rest of the day to do as you please
No, unfortunately we don’t have a garden though I would love one. Oh goodness that sounds really rough, I hope you are well now.
No, unfortunately we don’t have a garden though I would love one. Oh goodness that sounds really rough, I hope you are well now.

I am fine, thanks.
Me too, would love a garden. I have to suffice with sticking my head out the window every now and then :rofl:
Lockdown has changed my exercise routine, absolutely. Because I have had to adapt to working from home, I haven't really felt the need to exercise like I thought I would.

I usually just did whatever stretches I found on YouTube that morning to kick start my day!
Lockdown has changed my exercise routine massively. I used to go to the gym every weekday before but then take days off on the weekend. Since lockdown started I've trained everyday (fortunate enough to have weights back at my parents house and the apparatus I need). I do my weights/bodyweight workouts at 6am. Then in the afternoon I'll do some sort of cardio either going for a run or cycle (all my cardio before pretty much came from sports at uni).

Also being much more mindful of what I eat.
Going up and down the stairs more
I’m not sure that counts as exercise routine :rofl:
Original post by Noodlzzz
I’m not sure that counts as exercise routine :rofl:

One bedroom flat, going up and down the stairs 10 times is better than shaking the floorboards with star jumps and the people downstairs wondering how long the earth quake will last.
Also, I am trying to convince myself I am not lazy, not lazier than before lockdown at least.
Doing a lot less walking and activity generally but have tried to make up for that with more cycling and youtube workouts. Have managed to keep this up but I find it quite unsatisfying to have to try to wear myself out rather than just being tired after a busy day.
Original post by smeagol19
Doing a lot less walking and activity generally but have tried to make up for that with more cycling and youtube workouts. Have managed to keep this up but I find it quite unsatisfying to have to try to wear myself out rather than just being tired after a busy day.

Does your busy day generally entail you to be constantly moving about?
Mine usually means that I am sitting in one place for about a few hours #work life
Original post by -Eirlys-
This is a golden thread. Join in with this discussion before 20th August 2020 to be in with a chance of winning an Amazon Voucher! The more you post, the higher your chance of winning But remember not to spam or your post will be removed

With the shut down of gyms throughout the UK due to the lockdown, how has your exercise routine changed? Have you managed to exercise more at home or have you exercised very little?

Here's the list of 2020 golden threads:

Golden ThreadsWhat will you miss about lockdown?
Sum up 2020 so far in a gif/meme
What would you change your TSR username to, and why?
If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
What do you think the world will look like in 5 years time?
If you were president for the day, what rule would you enforce?
What did you accomplish during lockdown?
How has lockdown changed your role?
What's the most useful thing you learnt at school?
Design a sandwich for 8472 to eat
How has lockdown changed your exercise regime?

I now go for walks with my mum everyday to Heaton Park. Please don't laugh at me. :frown:
I only went swimming before lockdown but now I exercise regularly to make up for that time :smile:
Original post by medicalsupernova
I only went swimming before lockdown but now I exercise regularly to make up for that time :smile:

What do you do instead of swimming then as exercise? Running? Or whatever takes your fancy?

Latest