The Student Room Group

Is this cheating?

I was talking dirty to my ex without the intent of having sex. Is this cheating?
No.
Talk to whoever you like.
I wouldn’t call it cheating but assuming you’re in a relationship already and talking to an ex, how would you feel if your partner was talking dirty with their ex? I personally would feel pretty uncomfortable and like the relationship isn’t good
I mean you probably wouldn't be comfortable telling your current partner about it so whether it's cheating or not is irrelevant. Just don't do it lmao
Original post by Anonymous
What a stupid comment. It's not just talking, its sexting. Regardless of their intentions, they are leading their ex on. I'm sure their partner would 100% not approve.

But she ain't going behind his back, that's cheating, that's called being unfaithful, leading him on isn't the same as cheating
Original post by kekedoyouloveme?
But she ain't going behind his back, that's cheating, that's called being unfaithful, leading him on isn't the same as cheat

I highly doubt they have told their partner they are sexting their ex, so that is absolutely going behind their back
I highly doubt they have told their partner they are sexting their ex, so that is absolutely going behind their back

OP never mentioned a partner... she mentioned her ex, you can be single and still have an ex.
Yes it is
OP never mentioned a partner... she mentioned her ex, you can be single and still have an ex.

but then how would they think this is cheating? doesn't that mean they are certainly in a relationship currently for this to count as cheating?

And OP, the one of the most important things in a relationship is trust. Sexting an ex while in a relationship with another... if your current partner found out, I don't think they'd be happy and trust you again
but then how would they think this is cheating? doesn't that mean they are certainly in a relationship currently for this to count as cheating?

And OP, the one of the most important things in a relationship is trust. Sexting an ex while in a relationship with another... if your current partner found out, I don't think they'd be happy and trust you again

But OP was so vague, so it's safe to say we don't entirely know if she's cheating or not, seeing as she never mentioned having a partner I think she's getting confused between leading him on, and cheating. They're different things.
I was talking dirty to my ex without the intent of having sex. Is this cheating?

Would you be upset if your partner had done it to their ex? If no, then alright. If yes, you know what to do.
Well not in the physical sense. But verbal cheating, yes. You are verbally cheating.
But OP was so vague, so it's safe to say we don't entirely know if she's cheating or not, seeing as she never mentioned having a partner I think she's getting confused between leading him on, and cheating. They're different things.

I see your point :smile:
I see your point :smile:

Dw if she did cheat, that's wrong I'd agree x
Reply 14

If either or both of you are in a relationship, yes, it's emotional cheating.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending