The Student Room Group

Beards

So b4 quarantine i had no facial hair other than thin moustache. Now ive got a slightly thick moustache and goatee. And some on my cheek areas.

But ive got some patches. From afar it looks like ive got a decent full beard but close up you can see the patches.

I can try send a pic if u want. Just dm me.

Ik its genetics but anyway of filling em in? Im on minoxidil btw(5 months)
Wear a fake beard or cut parts of your hair and glue them in the patches
Original post by Hannah0505

Not funny...

OP, lots of guys don't have even facial hair growth so I wouldn't worry about it. Most people won't look at your beard as scrupulously as you do and probably won't even notice.
Given your explanation about it I guess you're still a teenager. Give it some time, it took me several years to grow a natural beard without patches and now it's a bloody pain in the arse to keep shaving it all off every 2 days. Unless you're an adult, avoid using any medication without consulting it first with your GP, specially if it's something that'll be correcter within a couple of years naturally.
If you’re wanting to actually fill them in, one of my old guy friends used to get his beard tinted at a barbers. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it looked good and natural and more ‘filled in’!

But in all honesty no one is going to criticise you as much as you do yourself. It’s that no one would even notice any patches tbh. If you are truly self conscious and want a fix though go for a tint.

I have no idea how they work though, I never looked at my friend’s facial hair intensely.

Plus with Covid I don’t know if it’s possible rn!

Or an easier option would be to get a growth serum. I over plucked my eyebrows a few years ago and I found that the best serums that would let them grow were ones with caffeine! I’m sure there are plenty on amazon. I will say that with the tint, it’s mainly good if the patches are small...but if you have big patches I don’t think the tint works on skin, and even if it does it may not look as natural.
(edited 3 years ago)
I know this sounds cheesy but you’re beautiful just the way you are. No ones going to notice and nobody’s going to care.
Original post by Yahik093
Given your explanation about it I guess you're still a teenager. Give it some time, it took me several years to grow a natural beard without patches and now it's a bloody pain in the arse to keep shaving it all off every 2 days. Unless you're an adult, avoid using any medication without consulting it first with your GP, specially if it's something that'll be correcter within a couple of years naturally.

Im using minoxidil which isnt harmful. Natural takes ago. My dad got his when he was 25 or something. Im impatient af. Ive noticed 0 negative effects apart from loads of hair growth on my face aha

Lmao
Original post by black tea
Not funny...

OP, lots of guys don't have even facial hair growth so I wouldn't worry about it. Most people won't look at your beard as scrupulously as you do and probably won't even notice.

True a full beard at 18 would be dope tbh. Ill have mine full by january at this rate
When I complain to friends or family about the lower density on my cheeks, the reply is usually along the lines of "I hadn't noticed". Ultimately nobody looks at your beard as much as you do, and nobody looks as close up as your mirror views.
Original post by Angelic Roar
I know this sounds cheesy but you’re beautiful just the way you are. No ones going to notice and nobody’s going to care.

Im not insecure dw id say im overconfident most of the time and this needed to happen. But yea i shouldnt focus on this as much yk. Atleast ive got facial hair yk
Original post by 15Characters...
When I complain to friends or family about the lower density on my cheeks, the reply is usually along the lines of "I hadn't noticed". Ultimately nobody looks at your beard as much as you do, and nobody looks as close up as your mirror views.

So true. Ive got some uneven skin tone i hate seeing in the mirror and nobodys noticed it at all at school

Thats a W bro
Original post by thatman100
Im not insecure dw id say im overconfident most of the time and this needed to happen. But yea i shouldnt focus on this as much yk. Atleast ive got facial hair yk

Ah, still. Good luck 🌞
Original post by Euphoria101
If you’re wanting to actually fill them in, one of my old guy friends used to get his beard tinted at a barbers. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it looked good and natural and more ‘filled in’!

But in all honesty no one is going to criticise you as much as you do yourself. It’s that no one would even notice any patches tbh. If you are truly self conscious and want a fix though go for a tint.

I have no idea how they work though, I never looked at my friend’s facial hair intensely.

Plus with Covid I don’t know if it’s possible rn!

Or an easier option would be to get a growth serum. I over plucked my eyebrows a few years ago and I found that the best serums that would let them grow were ones with caffeine! I’m sure there are plenty on amazon. I will say that with the tint, it’s mainly good if the patches are small...but if you have big patches I don’t think the tint works on skin, and even if it does it may not look as natural.

Na i rather have it patchy than fill it in. Its fine now that ive seen the replies. Thanks though for the long ass reply
Original post by black tea
Not funny...

I never asked
I never asked

aren't you mature...

Quick Reply

Latest