The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Lol, £25 maybe
I personally, dont think I would be prepared to pay a £125, for a tracksuit.
Original post by Student-95
Lol, £25 maybe

I need to profit can't sell it for a 3rd of the price I get to for 😆😆
I would not buy a tracksuit because I have taste.

Also I don't run.
Original post by Karisa96
I personally, dont think I would be prepared to pay a £125, for a tracksuit.

Even though its merchandise?
I do spend alot of money on clothes.
The problem for me would be justifying, paying a £125, for a tracksuit thats all.
I do spend alot of money on clothes.
The problem for me would be justifying, paying a £125, for a tracksuit thats all.

Fair enough polyester is a good fabric tho
Original post by TiktoknChemistry
Fair enough polyester is a good fabric tho

I dont disagree, with you on that.
I dont disagree, with you on that.

Yeah are you not into top designer brands like lacoste? Iegit spent £400 on a stone island tracksuit last year
Even though its merchandise?

Everything that is sold is "merchandise" even 5p sweets. It doesn't make something special enough to justify paying an exorbitant amount for when you can buy other products that are the same, or better, quality for a lesser amount
Original post by MedicWil
Everything that is sold is "merchandise" even 5p sweets. It doesn't make something special enough to justify paying an exorbitant amount for when you can buy other products that are the same, or better, quality for a lesser amount

Yeah I get your point but it's my merchandise
God no, Your 'Brand' would need to be sooooo much stronger to justify that price. And despite polyester having it's good sides, it's also cheap and it STINKS, esp sweaty trackies, how would you stop it being seen as cheap Primark/Asda stuff? It'll look the same and prob made in the same place.

I do like my designer clothes but that doesn't extend to youtube merch, certainly not in pricing.... the nicer clothes I buy certainly aren't polyester blends. I just wouldn't pay it.

I'd start with T's if i were you, the base materials are almost all equal, far easier to apply your own branding and imagery to and people will accept the markup a bit more.
But it's my merchandise

How does that justify such a high price tag though? I've never met anyone that can justify it

Also polyester is a type of polymer aka plastic and an environmental hazard. It also melts with high enough heat and scars people forever when it does so
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by StriderHort
God no, Your 'Brand' would need to be sooooo much stronger to justify that price. And despite polyester having it's good sides, it's also cheap and it STINKS, esp sweaty trackies, how would you stop it being seen as cheap Primark/Asda stuff? It'll look the same and prob made in the same place.

I do like my designer clothes but that doesn't extend to youtube merch, certainly not in pricing.... the nicer clothes I buy certainly aren't polyester blends. I just wouldn't pay it.

I'd start with T's if i were you, the base materials are almost all equal, far easier to apply your own branding and imagery to and people will accept the markup a bit more.

Fair enough it's a fairly decent material good durability and quite resistant to stains it's just an idea I discussed with my business partner it might be worth a try say if I sold 5 in a week that would be like £250 prof but perhaps I could look into better materials obviously the higher price from the supplier is cez its custom made so I have to price it accordingly

I've ordered 25 t shirts they should come by the end of next week rn I've got face masks and I'm gonna reload on some today I'll just have to wait till they come but I know how they're selling now and I've ordered hand sanitizer too
I'd never spend that. I have no wish to dress like Jimmy Savile.
Original post by MedicWil
How does that justify such a high price tag though? I've never met anyone that can justify it

Also polyester is a type of polymer aka plastic and an environmental hazard. It also melts with high enough heat and scars people forever when it does so

I can justify it cez I've gotta profit and my merchandise is not the cheapest
That true but theres a lot of disadvantages to cotton too and its 50/50 ofcourse
Fair enough it's a fairly decent material good durability and quite resistant to stains it's just an idea I discussed with my business partner it might be worth a try say if I sold 5 in a week that would be like £250 prof but perhaps I could look into better materials obviously the higher price from the supplier is cez its custom made so I have to price it accordingly

I've ordered 25 t shirts they should come by the end of next week rn I've got face masks and I'm gonna reload on some today I'll just have to wait till they come but I know how they're selling now and I've ordered hand sanitizer too

Facemasks is a decent one, as you're tapping a hot market you know exists, both for product and custom designs.

If you're into your designer clothes, really, then be honest, Lacoste is dated & mediocre and Stone Island is poor mans Moncler. My nicer stuff is Moncler, Versace and Gucci... not so much as 1% polyester in any of them, it's a functional material, but no a premium one

I do have a 100% poly Armani tracksuit, but I only ever wore it on stage and it's essentially a costume....a smelly smelly costume
I think £125 is very expensive for a tracksuit made out of polycotton. What does it look like?
Reply 19

£125 for a tracksuit, what about p&p? What's the market you're aiming at, sportswear or casual? What's the competition like?

And how much are you going to charge for hand sanitizer when you can get it straightaway for £1 in shops? How viable is the price by the time you've got packaging that's going to protect a plastic bottle and make sure it doesn't leak through if damaged?

Latest

Trending

Trending