The Student Room Group

I think that is a relevant question about gaming.

Hi everyone
Did you ever completed one game since you started playing video games?
If yes which ones?
Which difficulty level did you play?
Maybe it is just me, but I am not sure I ever did that. So I am eager to know
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I don't understand the very first question :curious:
Original post by Arthur_Morgan
I don't understand the very first question :curious:

Sorry
Did not use the right terms
Original post by Ackhnologia
Sorry
Did not use the right terms

No worries

To answer your question/s, yes, plenty. So many that I can't possibly name them all lol.
A few examples would be God of War Series, Final Fantasy, Elder Scrolls etc.
I usually play on a difficulty level that offers a decent challenge, and once I've beaten it I go for the hardest difficulty setting.
No worries

To answer your question/s, yes, plenty. So many that I can't possibly name them all lol.
A few examples would be God of War Series, Final Fantasy, Elder Scrolls etc.
I usually play on a difficulty level that offers a decent challenge, and once I've beaten it I go for the hardest difficulty setting.

Wow
You seem to be a really good player.
On Which consoles were those games?
How many times did play per day to able to finish them?
Did some take you months? Or weeks? Even years?
Wow
You seem to be a really good player.
On Which consoles were those games?
How many times did play per day to able to finish them?
Did some take you months? Or weeks? Even years?

I mean not to brag but...:colondollar:
In all seriousness tho, many different consoles ranging from PS1 to PS4 to Xbox to Dreamcast to Nintendo Wii etc etc. Yeah I'm quite the collector lol.
Well when I was younger I would play for hours at a time, but nowadays I've had to limit myself to a couple hours a day due to life getting in the way and basically just getting in the habit of making sure I spice things up to avoid getting too burnt out on overplaying.
As for how long it takes me to finish a game, it depends on the length. I'm a completionist so smaller games could take anywhere from a few hours to a few days, and larger games a few months depending on how often I invest myself in it.
I can't remember every game I've ever completed, but here's a few:

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Game Boy)
Super Mario Land 1-2 (Game Boy)
Golden Sun (Game Boy Advance)
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 (DS)
Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (DS)
Lunar Genesis (DS)
Super Mario 64 (DS)
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale (PC)
Heroes of Might & Magic 1-3 (PC)
Gabriel Knight 1-3 (PC)
Geneforge 1-5 (PC)
Avernum 1-3 (PC)
Phantasmagoria 1-2 (PC)
Gray Matter (PC)
Planescape: Torment (PC)
Bastion (PC)
Machinarium (PC)
Gorogoa (PC)
Theme Hospital (PC)
Driftmoon (PC)
Fran Bow (PC)
Rex Nebular and the Cosmic Gender Bender (unfortunately) (PC)
Call of Cthulhu: Prisoner of Ice (PC)
Inherit the Earth (PC)
The 7th Guest (PC)
The 11th Hour (PC)
The Longest Journey (PC)
Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, The Pandora Directive & Tesla Effect (PC)

I will admit, the number of games that I've started and not finished is probably bigger. And the number of games that I own but haven't played or even installed, likely 10 times greater still. :ahee:
(edited 3 years ago)
You want me to list the hundreds or thousands of games I've ever completed?
I mean not to brag but...:colondollar:
In all seriousness tho, many different consoles ranging from PS1 to PS4 to Xbox to Dreamcast to Nintendo Wii etc etc. Yeah I'm quite the collector lol.
Well when I was younger I would play for hours at a time, but nowadays I've had to limit myself to a couple hours a day due to life getting in the way and basically just getting in the habit of making sure I spice things up to avoid getting too burnt out on overplaying.
As for how long it takes me to finish a game, it depends on the length. I'm a completionist so smaller games could take anywhere from a few hours to a few days, and larger games a few months depending on how often I invest myself in it.

Wow you even played the dreamcast and ps1
Wow man you are a legend.
I did not play ps1 I started on family game (also known as 300 games), then I played ps2. I played gameboy and Nintendo. Not a lot with Xbox.
Yes you are right, also addiction can be a really bad thing.
Wow you really seems to be a great player really.
Wether smaller or larger games I never finished one😢 maybe because I gave up many times and also I did not have the chance to play for ours.
You surely one those rare persons who finished various games. Not Just one game but many and even in
difficult level mode.
Original post by ozzyoscy
You want me to list the hundreds or thousands of games I've ever completed?

Nani?
Then I am a moron...
Not all of them just some well known one
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I can't remember every game I've ever completed, but here's a few:

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Game Boy)
Super Mario Land 1-2 (Game Boy)
Golden Sun (Game Boy Advance)
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 (DS)
Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (DS)
Lunar Genesis (DS)
Super Mario 64 (DS)
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale (PC)
Heroes of Might & Magic 1-3 (PC)
Gabriel Knight 1-3 (PC)
Geneforge 1-5 (PC)
Avernum 1-3 (PC)
Phantasmagoria 1-2 (PC)
Gray Matter (PC)
Planescape: Torment (PC)
Bastion (PC)
Machinarium (PC)
Gorogoa (PC)
Theme Hospital (PC)
Driftmoon (PC)
Fran Bow (PC)
Rex Nebular and the Cosmic Gender Bender (unfortunately) (PC)
Call of Cthulhu: Prisoner of Ice (PC)
Inherit the Earth (PC)
The 7th Guest (PC)
The 11th Hour (PC)
The Longest Journey (PC)
Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, The Pandora Directive & Tesla Effect (PC)

I will admit, the number of games that I've started and not finished is probably bigger. And the number of games that I own but haven't played or even installed, likely 10 times greater still. :ahee:

I am a moron
I am sure now😞
You completed all those games?
And I called myself a gamer...
Which difficulty did you select?
And you seem to be a pc gamer
Wow you even played the dreamcast and ps1
Wow man you are a legend.
I did not play ps1 I started on family game (also known as 300 games), then I played ps2. I played gameboy and Nintendo. Not a lot with Xbox.
Yes you are right, also addiction can be a really bad thing.
Wow you really seems to be a great player really.
Wether smaller or larger games I never finished one😢 maybe because I gave up many times and also I did not have the chance to play for ours.
You surely one those rare persons who finished various games. Not Just one game but many and even in
difficult level mode.

Nah, I'm just some random dude who loves video games :biggrin:
So you grew up with those consoles/handhelds then?
Defo, gaming is one of those things that hits all the right dopamine receptors too so can be a tough one to overcome
Perhaps you could start off with an indie game? They're relatively smaller in comparison to big budget titles so shouldn't take as long to beat.
Yeah I love me a good challenge :devil:
I am a moron
I am sure now😞
You completed all those games?
And I called myself a gamer...
Which difficulty did you select?
And you seem to be a pc gamer

Those and more. :yes:
A lot of those don't have selectable difficulty levels, but for any game that does, I usually start with whatever the default is, and adjust as necessary if it feels too easy or difficult.
Entirely PC these days, but mostly handheld Nintendo consoles when I was growing up.
(edited 3 years ago)
Nah, I'm just some random dude who loves video games :biggrin:
So you grew up with those consoles/handhelds then?
Defo, gaming is one of those things that hits all the right dopamine receptors too so can be a tough one to overcome
Perhaps you could start off with an indie game? They're relatively smaller in comparison to big budget titles so shouldn't take as long to beat.
Yeah I love me a good challenge :devil:

Yeah I grew with those, and yes I handheld some of them. It was a great time😁 I remember when I discovered the ps2 I was like in heaven😂 that is when I understood that I was really passionate about gaming.
What about you? Did you own most of the consoles you had?
Oh thanks for your advice
But know I am more soccer game player ( e-pes 2020 more precisely) and I sometimes play other games like fighting games but I am much more on e-pes 2020
Yeah I grew with those, and yes I handheld some of them. It was a great time😁 I remember when I discovered the ps2 I was like in heaven😂 that is when I understood that I was really passionate about gaming.
What about you? Did you own most of the consoles you had?
Oh thanks for your advice
But know I am more soccer game player ( e-pes 2020 more precisely) and I sometimes play other games like fighting games but I am much more on e-pes 2020

PS2 is probably my favourite console of all time. So many good games and hidden gems on that platform!
Yup, I started off with the Atari 2600 and Mega Drive if I remember correctly. My dad brought me up old skl with the Atari.
Ah, can't say I'm into sports games that much tbh. I'm more of an rpg/platformer/jrpg/shooter/action adventure type of guy. It's cool that you've got that one game that you're passionate about though!
Just about anyone who ever owned a Megadrive/aka Genesis finished quite a lot of games. Some were very short but sweet. World of Illusion, for instance, is a favourite to this day but only takes about 30 minutes to complete at a normal pace.
Mario kart :giggle:
PS2 is probably my favourite console of all time. So many good games and hidden gems on that platform!
Yup, I started off with the Atari 2600 and Mega Drive if I remember correctly. My dad brought me up old skl with the Atari.
Ah, can't say I'm into sports games that much tbh. I'm more of an rpg/platformer/jrpg/shooter/action adventure type of guy. It's cool that you've got that one game that you're passionate about though!

Yes that is it
Kids nowadays, will never know the joy we had when we were kids playing ps2😁. So many games had been developed on it.
I am sure even ps3 and ps4 have not more games than the ps2. It was the greatest of all time.
You have played the megadrive😨
Man you are a veteran in gaming.
I wish I could have played to it. But I came after those; megadrive, Nes...
Oh I get it.
Games like warcraft, call of duty...
Thank you, yeah I am really passionate. Want to be a top player one day.
Do you play call of duty? This game frustrates me. The section know as "melee general" where you play against each other. I swear I avoid playing this game when I am with other persons. It was way too technical for me
Original post by Nutella!
Mario kart :giggle:

Crash team racing
Original post by Picnic1
Just about anyone who ever owned a Megadrive/aka Genesis finished quite a lot of games. Some were very short but sweet. World of Illusion, for instance, is a favourite to this day but only takes about 30 minutes to complete at a normal pace.

Wow
See
Those are the good old days
I really wish I had a chance to play this one
Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest