The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Is UCL a good university for engineering?

I'm looking to start Uni in 2021 and I want to do Mechanical engineering, I know that UCL is one of the best universities in the world however I don't really know if its good for engineering?
Absolutely, best in England after Imperial and Cambridge.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by THEINDIANBATMAN
I'm looking to start Uni in 2021 and I want to do Mechanical engineering, I know that UCL is one of the best universities in the world however I don't really know if its good for engineering?

No, look at non-RG that offer a year in industry if you want to work as an Engineer after uni.
Hi @THEINDIANBATMAN

I was just wondering if you have come across Lincoln as a potential University to study mechanical engineering? We have a fantastic course which is run in partnership with Siemens, a huge engineering employer within the UK. The course is accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE). The Isaac Newton building is home to our engineering department in Lincoln and was only built in 2017, providing some really modern facilities. If you want to find our more, please check out the course here.

Best of luck deciding where to study!
Jack :smile:
Original post by Muttley79
No, look at non-RG that offer a year in industry if you want to work as an Engineer after uni.

any good reccomendations?

It is perfectly possible to arrange a placement year with UCL. None of the placements at a university are guaranteed, even if they are advertised with the degree as such.
Original post by StarLinyx
It is perfectly possible to arrange a placement year with UCL. None of the placements at a university are guaranteed, even if they are advertised with the degree as such.

Do they guarantee the option choices will be kept open for you? A student had to have two years out because of this issue - a module they began in Year 2 was withdrawn for a year ...

My best students now look at places like Bath, Loughborough and Oxford Brookes - all have good placement support.
Original post by Muttley79
My best students now look at places like Bath, Loughborough and Oxford Brookes - all have good placement support.

Okay, Thank you!. Bath and Loughborough definitely came up a lot in my searches

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending