The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Coventry university

Hey
I’m thinking of going to Coventry university next year (September 2021) to ether study business finance or business economics. Is Coventry good for these courses?
I also wanted to know how they helped with post grad options are they supportive or not really involved?
Original post by Anonymous
Hey
I’m thinking of going to Coventry university next year (September 2021) to ether study business finance or business economics. Is Coventry good for these courses?
I also wanted to know how they helped with post grad options are they supportive or not really involved?

Hi,

I study Financial Economics at Coventry University and in my perspective Coventry is good with their finance,accounting and economics course as I have experienced it myself. They have a wide range of lecturers inn these courses with range of experience and different methods of teaching.

In terms of the post grad they have range of courses that you could do at Coventry University and depending on your undergraduate result you may get some scholarship or discount on your fee for post grad. Furthermore, they host open days for post grad courses so you could go to them to find out more information about the course that you may want to study.

Hope this help, let us know if you have any questions.

Arsh Shaikh
BA Financial Economics
Coventry University - Coventry Campus
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Thank you I just wanted to ask one more question how is Coventry as a city are there things to do there ?
Original post by Anonymous
Hey

Coventry isn't, unfortunately. But Warwick, a mile away, is among the best in the world for Business courses. Coventry students usually get bullied by Warwick ones, or so I hear.
Reply 4
Any other you recommend instead of Warwick?
Original post by Himee
Any other you recommend instead of Warwick?

If you're looking for a non-RG university, City, Sussex and East Anglia are all pretty solid for Business.
Reply 6
thank youuuu
Hey there campus ambassadors!
My name is Nishita and I’m an international student.
I wanted to know if y’all can help me with this one query that’s been bothering me too much!!!

So I applied to and received SkyBlue point (Liberty Point) as my accommodation pref and then recently found forums on the app (although from 6 yrs ago) sharing super horrible reviews about the place.

How can I know what’s the status of SkyBlue Point lately and what do people think about it?
Original post by Nishhhhhh
Hey there campus ambassadors!
My name is Nishita and I’m an international student.
I wanted to know if y’all can help me with this one query that’s been bothering me too much!!!

So I applied to and received SkyBlue point (Liberty Point) as my accommodation pref and then recently found forums on the app (although from 6 yrs ago) sharing super horrible reviews about the place.

How can I know what’s the status of SkyBlue Point lately and what do people think about it?

I stayed there last year. I will highlight the negatives and positives.

Negative: Staff treat you like ur 5 years old, its an old accom so dirty carpet and mattress (i wore my shoes in my room and never went barefoot on the carpet), old kitchen (no one sits there to eat, they take the food to their rooms), fire alarm went off about 20 times during the year in the middle of the night and i had to walk down 7 flights of stairs because the lifts dont work during fire alarm.

Pros: Massive desk which means lots of space for your work. Walk in cupboard so u can store lots of things in it. 5 mins away from uni. Thats p much it.

Long story short, when my mum came over to visit once she told me she cried on the train back home because she wondered what a horrible place i was living in :s-smilie:

I liked it though, u can make it feel homely if u really try.
What about the laundrettes and elevators not working?
And the rat infestations?!?!?!?
What about the laundrettes and elevators not working?

The elevator worked all year for me. The washing machines were slightly gross and expensive so i would take my laundery home every week to wash
Can y’all also help me with how Priory hall is as compared to Singer Hall?
Can y’all also help me with how Priory hall is as compared to Singer Hall?

Hi Nishhhhh,

I already replied to your post on a different thread but please see below for your conveniance:

I wasn't living in either of those but found some videos for you that you should find useful:

Priory Hall: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs4hk7CNYKs
Singer Hall: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsrqaKcZ3I4

Both are very close to campus but Priory Hall is literally on campus and closer to the city centre so if being near the city centre is important to you, you might consider Priory. Also, you get catering in Priory Hall, where there is no catering offered in Singer Hall but you obviously have the kitchen you share with your flatmates.

I hope you find it helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions

Kind regards,

Monika
Coventry Campus
LLB International Law
Hey
Thanks...
Can you please help me find details about quadrant hall as well?
Hey
Thanks...
Can you please help me find details about quadrant hall as well?

Hi Nish,

Trust you are well.

Quadrant hall is located in Coventry city centre and is within a short walking distance to the train station.

The hall offers an excellent choice of freshly prepared breakfast and evening meals served in the newly-refurbished refectory, Monday-Fridays.

Kindly see the link below for the hall. You can also take a virtual tour, view the hall's gallery, room specifications, and compare the prices with other university owned accommodations.

https://www.coventry.ac.uk/life-on-campus/accommodation/accommodation-choices/quadrant-hall/

However, please be advised that the accommodation is now full.

Kind regards,
Theophila Akpenyi-Hilary, LLB Law, Coventry University campus.
Hi thank you so much for the details.. I have already been offered a place there... so I just wished to seek some reviews before accepting! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest