The Student Room Group

Unseen poetry.

If i choose to do poetry. Will there be unseen poetry in the exam?????
Think si
Original post by Mustafa2021
If i choose to do poetry. Will there be unseen poetry in the exam?????

Hi, are you talking about English literature?
As far as I know poetry is compulsory in all exam boards for English lit and unseen poetry is on one of the papers, so if you’re talking about this in particular then I don’t think you’ve got much of a choice.
Reply 3
Original post by MusicalMe101
Hi, are you talking about English literature?
As far as I know poetry is compulsory in all exam boards for English lit and unseen poetry is on one of the papers, so if you’re talking about this in particular then I don’t think you’ve got much of a choice.

The papers have been changed for the 2021 exams bc of coronavirus, meaning you don't have to answer the poetry questions. I assume if you pick it, you will still have to do unseen (but I'm not certain about that)
https://schoolsweek.co.uk/exams-2021-all-the-gcse-changes-subject-by-subject/
(edited 3 years ago)
Yes, poetry is cumpolsory for English literature and if you're doing Edexcel Eng Lang, you also have to do poetry in paper two, in which you compare two poems and one is an unseen...
Original post by lilz0403
Yes, poetry is cumpolsory for English literature and if you're doing Edexcel Eng Lang, you also have to do poetry in paper two, in which you compare two poems and one is an unseen...

I do aqa
So if I choose poetry. I will have to do the unseen poetry as well??
I do aqa

I did AQA and they were compulsory
Reply 8
Original post by MusicalMe101
I did AQA and they were compulsory

Does no one here realise that the exams have been altered due to covid?
Reply 9
So if I choose poetry. I will have to do the unseen poetry as well??

Unseen poetry section is about identifying and analysing techniques on the spot, it's not like the comparison question where you'd need to study each poem in detail and the historical context to the poem and poet. So I expect it to still be mandatory
Original post by Bill V2

I’m aware of it, I’m just sharing the fact that in normal circumstances for AQA they are compulsory
Original post by Bill V2

Ik it’s actually really funny.
Original post by Bill V2

i think you wont hv to do unseen poetry if u donchoose it
I think that if you choose to do the poetry then you’ll have to do all of the components that come with it, seen and unseen, I don’t think you’ll be able to pick and choose and end up completing only half of the section.
Original post by Bill V2

Do you know if it will still be altered the year after or is it just for 2021? I'm in year 10 now and I'm doing my exams in 2022, but I might do it early in 2021.
Original post by Ashryver
Do you know if it will still be altered the year after or is it just for 2021? I'm in year 10 now and I'm doing my exams in 2022, but I might do it early in 2021.

Only 2021
Original post by Bill V2

what are the changes? can u please tell me x

Quick Reply

Latest