The Student Room Group

A-Levels Results Day 2020

Hi everybody.

How are we ALL doing? A-Level results day is on the horizon and I was wondering how you're all feeling about it. Personally, as a private candidate being predicted a grade by my school, I'm not entirely confident and believe that my grade will be standardised and brought down due to the poor performance of the school in previous years (provided private candidates are not seen as distinct from normal students).

I was also wondering whether anyone knows if teachers have already received our results and know as to whether we have gotten a place in our firm University?
I am slightly scared but I think I will be more the night before :frown:. I actually had not heard that teachers had our results, but apparently UCAS and unis receive our results a week before - so they have already, and decide whether to make an offer even if you had lower grades! I honestly don't know how I will do. My predicteds is A*A*A, but it is the subject that I got predicted A in that I am most concerned about (Eng Lit), as I could get a B - who knows? I hope I do get what I got predicted. I hope you as a private candidate will get what you want!
Original post by bubblesrain
I am slightly scared but I think I will be more the night before :frown:. I actually had not heard that teachers had our results, but apparently UCAS and unis receive our results a week before - so they have already, and decide whether to make an offer even if you had lower grades! I honestly don't know how I will do. My predicteds is A*A*A, but it is the subject that I got predicted A in that I am most concerned about (Eng Lit), as I could get a B - who knows? I hope I do get what I got predicted. I hope you as a private candidate will get what you want!

Literally, I'm in the same shoes as you. I've gotten two of my grades already so I resat English Literature and that in general was the one I struggled with the most. I'm hopeful I've been predicted around the A*-A region but pretty certain that our school will massively be downgraded because English Lit was our poorest subject and may ruin my chance to get into Uni.

Also I read in a group chat one boy was gloating his teacher told him he was fine so i just assumed they already had our results but I'm not sure. I'm pretty worried about standardisation.
feelings change from nervousness to optimism to not caring. dreading it as the day approaches closer though, i'm glad i have a shift the day before so i'm somewhat occupied
Original post by cheerIeader
Literally, I'm in the same shoes as you. I've gotten two of my grades already so I resat English Literature and that in general was the one I struggled with the most. I'm hopeful I've been predicted around the A*-A region but pretty certain that our school will massively be downgraded because English Lit was our poorest subject and may ruin my chance to get into Uni.

Also I read in a group chat one boy was gloating his teacher told him he was fine so i just assumed they already had our results but I'm not sure. I'm pretty worried about standardisation.

Wow I really hope you get it! We can do it :smile::smile:
Predicted: 3A's
What I think I'll get: Shafted by Ofqual
Original post by AM.TSR
Predicted: 3A's
What I think I'll get: Shafted by Ofqual

mood
Ucas predictions AAA
Mocks ABC OTF ABB need ABB so I'm not in a position to be downgraded though I could be upgraded in further maths as I'm ranked 4th in mocks ( there is only 8 so easy to rank) though I expect physics to be downgraded to a C). Hope liverpool let me in with AAC as that seems to be what I'll get and tbh what I would have got in the exam
Schools/colleges don’t get results until Wednesday. It’s only universities that have them at the moment.

Even when they get them most teachers won’t have access. Only a couple are involved in arranging results information for their students.
:'( Everything is lost. </3
:'( Everything is lost. </3

No need for dramatics. If things don’t go to plan then you might need a new plan...a change of course or a slight detour isn’t getting lost - it’s a new adventure
Original post by PQ
No need for dramatics. If things don’t go to plan then you might need a new plan...a change of course or a slight detour isn’t getting lost - it’s a new adventure

My gap year WAS the change of course and detour. I have no other option. #Failure
My gap year WAS the change of course and detour. I have no other option. #Failure

Have you had a productive year?
Original post by PQ
Have you had a productive year?

Up until December definitely but ultimately I took it for the better grade as opposed to the experience of a gap year.

It was worth it, I've learnt a lot about myself but I really do hope I get my firm. :'(

Quick Reply

Latest