josie71202
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi, I'm doing an EPQ (AQA) and I'm organising my citations. I'm wondering in my bibliography and my EPQ do I have to cite each individual page from one webpage (It's not an article webpage it's a government site). I'm using Harvard referencing by the way. Also, do I need to include each individual page in my source analysis/literature review
Last edited by josie71202; 2 months ago
louisisntmafia
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
i did edexcel but should be the same - if anything is by the same author (if not listed on govt website, then can assume its the same author for argument's sake) and the source evaluation will look the same, then there's no need to include it separately. however, if they're on substantially different subtopics (e.g. how to get a driving license vs the highway code) then they should be listed separately in the bibliography but could be in the same category in the evaluation
josie71202
Rep:
?
(Original post by louisisntmafia)
i did edexcel but should be the same - if anything is by the same author (if not listed on govt website, then can assume its the same author for argument's sake) and the source evaluation will look the same, then there's no need to include it separately. however, if they're on substantially different subtopics (e.g. how to get a driving license vs the highway code) then they should be listed separately in the bibliography but could be in the same category in the evaluation
thanks
Gabbyss
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I have always had problems with the correct format for citation in my essay or even more in my research papers. I don't know why there are so many different formats for such a simple action as copying part of the text of another author and adding it to your essay to confirm or deny something. But I recently found special resource for students on the Internet called Cite4Me. This site has an online machine for formatting and generating citations and there are many articles about it. I started using it for my writing assignments, and it helped me avoid getting my grade dropped due to incorrect text format. I don’t know how, but it works, so if you want to check whether you have typed the citation correctly in your text or not, then you can use it.
Last edited by Gabbyss; 2 months ago
josie71202
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gabbyss)
I have always had problems with the correct format for citation in my essay or even more in my research papers. I don't know why there are so many different formats for such a simple action as copying part of the text of another author and adding it to your essay to confirm or deny something. But I recently found special resource for students on the Internet called Cite4Me. This site has an online machine for formatting and generating citations and there are many articles about it. I started using it for my writing assignments, and it helped me avoid getting my grade dropped due to incorrect text format. I don’t know how, but it works, so if you want to check whether you have typed the citation correctly in your text or not, then you can use it.
Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (162)
14.52%
I'm not sure (50)
4.48%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.57%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.96%
I'm not a current university student (541)
48.48%

Watched Threads