The Student Room Group

Desperately need help and ideas

I am 20 years old and my parents are super religious, super strict. I really want to travel alone to meet see my boyfriend in another country. However i have little to no independence because no matter what my parents still see a little girl in me who needs them. I have tried to show them that i can be independent but it just seems not to work. In addition, part of my religion prohibits me from travelling without a male. I LOVE my parents and to disappoint them or break they heart is one thing i cant face. I have the money, i just need a way to convince them LET ME BREATHEEEEEE. Keep in mind i dont do sleep overs either - yes my family is super strict! PLEASE somebody give me a strategic plan where nobody gets hurt.
Original post by Anonymous
I am 20 years old and my parents are super religious, super strict. I really want to travel alone to meet see my boyfriend in another country. However i have little to no independence because no matter what my parents still see a little girl in me who needs them. I have tried to show them that i can be independent but it just seems not to work. In addition, part of my religion prohibits me from travelling without a male. I LOVE my parents and to disappoint them or break they heart is one thing i cant face. I have the money, i just need a way to convince them LET ME BREATHEEEEEE. Keep in mind i dont do sleep overs either - yes my family is super strict! PLEASE somebody give me a strategic plan where nobody gets hurt.

Unless you plan on coming up with an elaborate web of lies about where your going, your going to have to stand up to them.
Reply 2
Original post by glassalice
Unless you plan on coming up with an elaborate web of lies about where your going, your going to have to stand up to it

Well what kinda web of lies?
Reply 3
Have you actually met this boyfriend in real life?
Are you gonna tell them truthfully WHY you're going?
Reply 5
Original post by Surnia
Have you actually met this boyfriend in real life?

Yes i have he used to live in the UK where i am but hes moved away to america now however my parents dont know about him and probably would not approve of me being in a relationship period.
I'm afraid you'll have to upset your parents eventually otherwise they'll never treat you like an adult.

Reply 7
Original post by .unknown
Are you gonna tell them truthfully WHY you're going?

I dont think they'd take it well...
Reply 8
Yes i have he used to live in the UK where i am but hes moved away to america now however my parents dont know about him and probably would not approve of me being in a relationship period.

First, you're an adult and can make your own decisions; if you're not happy at home, start making plans to move out. Is there another adult that could speak with your parents on your behalf?

Second, it doesn't matter if you travel on your own. No-one is going to question your religion and lack of chapprove as a solo female traveller.

However, most importantly, you're not going to be seeing your boyfriend anytime soon because of the coronavirus travel restrictions between the UK and USA. Read this; you're not allowed to enter the States:

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/usa/entry-requirements

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending