The Student Room Group

Any ballet dancers out there

Hi I’m struggling with ballet atm I keep getting stupid thoughts about my body not being perfect for ballet like the stereotype skinny gal I’m not that chubby but I keep having these stupid thoughts I was wondering if anyone knew anything that could help me be more confident dancing again
Troll
Original post by StarLinyx
Troll

I wouldn't be too certain that OP is a troll TBH.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi I’m struggling with ballet atm I keep getting stupid thoughts about my body not being perfect for ballet like the stereotype skinny gal I’m not that chubby but I keep having these stupid thoughts I was wondering if anyone knew anything that could help me be more confident dancing again

Hey Anon

it'd help with answering the question if you told us a little bit about yourself and your dancing

e.g. how old you are , what level you dance to , what your dance aspirations are

for clarity here, i'm old , i'm studying RAD intermediate and I enjoy (London) Open General and Inter classes (even though i live in the Midlands and have classes close to home that i take regularly), my aspirations are to pass Inter and to perform (as an amateur , recreational dancer) en pointe !
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by InArduisFouette
Hey Anon

it'd help with answering the question if you told us a little bit about yourself and your dancing

e.g. how old you are , what level you dance to , what your dance aspirations are

for clarity here, i'm old , i'm studying RAD intermediate and I enjoy (London) Open General and Inter classes, my aspirations are to pass Inter and to perform (as an amateur , recreational dancer) en pointe !

Hi yeh might help to have some back ground information I’m 17 studying advanced 1 and grade 8 (RAD)iv also been dancing since I was 3 so I just kinda stick with it at my dance school when ur in ur last year of high school it’s also ur last year with the dance school we have a Christmas show which sadly might not happen at Christmas this year and that’s like a goodbye thing iv thought more about a way to boost my confidence I used to do commercial so I might start that up again as something fun to do with my dancing I have absolutely no idea what my aspirations are other than just passing adv 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi yeh might help to have some back ground information I’m 17 studying advanced 1 and grade 8 (RAD)iv also been dancing since I was 3 so I just kinda stick with it at my dance school when ur in ur last year of high school it’s also ur last year with the dance school we have a Christmas show which sadly might not happen at Christmas this year and that’s like a goodbye thing iv thought more about a way to boost my confidence I used to do commercial so I might start that up again as something fun to do with my dancing I have absolutely no idea what my aspirations are other than just passing adv 1

So broadly, you dance for fun , rather than being in a vocational track and mindset ?

Depending where you live now / where you are going to study you can find genuine Intermediate / Advanced ( with the capital letter) adult classes and continue to dance and perform if you want ...

Plenty of opportunities for adult recreational ballet including performing and loads of brilliant teachers and pros who are engaged with the adult recreational dancer community
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest