The Student Room Group

Good revision for RS and geography

I’m doing gcse geography B- eduqas
And Religious Studies B- WJEC
Any good revision resources for these as I seem to can’t find any websites for RS or Geography
I’m not sure if it does them for these exam boards, but have you had a look at ‘physics and maths tutor’ website, they have exam questions from past exam papers, split into topics and notes for each topic. Like I said I’m not sure if they do these exact exam boards but a lot of gcse exam board papers overlap so you might be able to use some of the resources for revision anyway
i just used the exam board website for re and printed off questions to practice. these formed the main bulk of my revision, as exam technique is pretty important. make sure you learn your quotes/sources of authority too.
geography i used a revision guide called myrevisionnotes and i found it really helpful, definitely look into purchasing one if you haven't got a guide for the subject yet. then, same as re, i did more exam practice pretty much. flashcards for diagrams, processes and key studies.
Original post by absolutelysprout
i just used the exam board website for re and printed off questions to practice. these formed the main bulk of my revision, as exam technique is pretty important. make sure you learn your quotes/sources of authority too.
geography i used a revision guide called myrevisionnotes and i found it really helpful, definitely look into purchasing one if you haven't got a guide for the subject yet. then, same as re, i did more exam practice pretty much. flashcards for diagrams, processes and key studies.

What did you end up getting at GCSE
Original post by mebohon123
What did you end up getting at GCSE

9 in re and geography :smile:
9 in re and geography :smile:

Wow that’s great!! Thank you for the tips
Original post by mebohon123
Wow that’s great!! Thank you for the tips

no worries :smile:

Hello, In a thread a while ago I saw that you got 9s in both geography and religious studies. I find these two quite difficult I’m currently working at like a 4/5 but I want to get a 9s next year. Can you please give me a thorough explanation on how you revised for both.
Original post by unknownm123
Hello, In a thread a while ago I saw that you got 9s in both geography and religious studies. I find these two quite difficult I’m currently working at like a 4/5 but I want to get a 9s next year. Can you please give me a thorough explanation on how you revised for both.

i won't lie, i barely revised for re. started a week before and just did lots of practice papers and repeated the sources of authority/wisdom constantly. geography i used flashcards for diagrams and processes and did tons of exam questions as my main bulk of revision.
i won't lie, i barely revised for re. started a week before and just did lots of practice papers and repeated the sources of authority/wisdom constantly. geography i used flashcards for diagrams and processes and did tons of exam questions as my main bulk of revision.

We’re you already getting 9s in re before revision
We’re you already getting 9s in re before revision

no, my teacher was a harsh marker. but the best thing to achieve top grades in the new spec is exam practice. grade 8/9s are more about exam technique and application of what you've learnt more than what you can remember.
I have some revision questions for edexcel geography if you want them :smile: Might have some on RE but not WJEC but they would most probably be good for revision!
Original post by 15977emily
I have some revision questions for edexcel geography if you want them :smile: Might have some on RE but not WJEC but they would most probably be good for revision!

Yes please
Yes please

Do you want both?
Geography Exam Questions!

Thank youuuuu
Thank youuuuu

Your welcome :smile: Do you want the RE ones too?
Your welcome :smile: Do you want the RE ones too?

Yessss please. Thank you
RE Exam Questions

Also don't know if this is helpful! It's a Red Amber Green thing of what you need to know! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending