Deisosospiw
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hey I’ve completely failed year 12 and was doing geo econ and biology. Going to retake year 12 and study geography economics and gov and politics. Are these good a levels? Want to do accounting and finance or an econ degree when I’m older that needs a 7 in maths. My gcses are 8877777764. Can I achieve three As this time round and any tips? Also I heard only oxbridge look down at year 12 retakes is this true ?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Deisosospiw)
Hey I’ve completely failed year 12 and was doing geo econ and biology. Going to retake year 12 and study geography economics and gov and politics. Are these good a levels? Want to do accounting and finance or an econ degree when I’m older that needs a 7 in maths. My gcses are 8877777764. Can I achieve three As this time round and any tips? Also I heard only oxbridge look down at year 12 retakes is this true ?
Their not the only universities that don't like resits I m afraid.
Deisosospiw
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
Their not the only universities that don't like resits I m afraid.
What other ones don’t like it
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Deisosospiw)
What other ones don’t like it
I don't know all of them of the top of my head and it varies between courses, if you send them an email then they can tell you for sure
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
some unis are okay with retakes, some aren't. you'll need to check their respective websites or email admissions for clarification. i don't see why you couldn't get 3 A's first year if you work hard, revise smartly and know where you went wrong the first time you did year 12.
Deisosospiw
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
I don't know all of them of the top of my head and it varies between courses, if you send them an email then they can tell you for sure
Oh nah it has no effect with a and f courses
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (66)
14.73%
I'm not sure (16)
3.57%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (151)
33.71%
I have already dropped out (8)
1.79%
I'm not a current university student (207)
46.21%

Watched Threads