The Student Room Group

IAL Results countdown (CIE/Edexcel IAL)

How are you guys feeling, what grades do you think you'll get?

CIE Results are out now, how did everyone do? 😁
I got an A in IT :smile:
Edexcel IAL Results are out, I hope everyone got what they deserved, I know I didn't.

Best of luck to all :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Thanks for starting the thread :smile:

Just a reminder that most of the information in the OP of https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6580138 applies to IAL candidates too.

Also although CIE results come out tomorrow UCAS Track will not update until Thursday morning for CIE candidates.
And, ridiculously, universities still cannot talk to you about your application or confirm that you've met your offer until Thursday 8am. CIE results are covered by the exam board embargo on universities/UCAS so we have to treat you like any other A level candidate.
Original post by Yourboi720
How are you guys feeling, what grades do you think you'll get?

Time until CIE Results: 1 day
Time until Edexcel IAL Results: 3 days

Best of luck to all :smile:

I don't do CIE but I assume the process of awarding grades is the same as the others (CAGs, rankings and standardisation)?
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Thanks for starting the thread :smile:

Just a reminder that most of the information in the OP of https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6580138 applies to IAL candidates too.

Also although CIE results come out tomorrow UCAS Track will not update until Thursday morning for CIE candidates.
And, ridiculously, universities still cannot talk to you about your application or confirm that you've met your offer until Thursday 8am. CIE results are covered by the exam board embargo on universities/UCAS so we have to treat you like any other A level candidate.

Thanks for posting this as I forgot to post it myself 😁. This community is awesome
Reply 4
Original post by royalty1702
I don't do CIE but I assume the process of awarding grades is the same as the others (CAGs, rankings and standardisation)?

Yeah pretty much, they've stated that they're following ofquals regulations for the most part. I think for A2 they are factoring in AS results as they are mandatory for International A levels.
Do you think that CIE predictions were higher than what Ofqual said? Like Ofqual said that there was an inflation by 12%

What would that look like when it comes to CIE?
Original post by bored_user:)
Do you think that CIE predictions were higher than what Ofqual said? Like Ofqual said that there was an inflation by 12%

What would that look like when it comes to CIE?

probably inflated even more than 12%.
Original post by Ninjagamer13
probably inflated even more than 12%.

Ok please dont just give me or anyone on here assumptions. Do you have actual facts?
Ok please dont just give me or anyone on here assumptions. Do you have actual facts?

any official statement than no but logic says that if ofqual(who only UK students take) has 12% inflation than international has more.
Reply 9

There have been no official statements on the inflation of IAL grades so we currently have no idea. I'd assume it'd be higher as it encompasses the entire world as opposed to the UK
Reply 10
Good luck everyone!
Original post by royalty1702

There;'s no requirement for them to follow Ofqual's directives as their courses aren't approved for teaching in UK schools but, from what I've seen, they're sticking to a similar system - albeit that they have better prior data as the A levels are modular so most A level candidates have already taken the AS.
Original post by 8472
Good luck everyone!

Thank you ☺️
will rank order for people doing A2 and full alevel be same for a syllabus.
Original post by Ninjagamer13
will rank order for people doing A2 and full alevel be same for a syllabus.

Since it's modular for IAL, people doing the full A level would be ranked in their AS component and their A2 component seperately to make their final grade. So basically in a way it would affect each components rank order.
I'm so nervous. I got bad AS results and my center (British Council) didnt ask me for my mock results or anything else. I desperately need ABB or I'm done :frown:
Original post by senzzzzz
I'm so nervous. I got bad AS results and my center (British Council) didnt ask me for my mock results or anything else. I desperately need ABB or I'm done :frown:

Did you sit CIE?

What time are you getting your results tomorrow?
Posting to subscribe
#BeResultsProud

:bl:
Original post by 04MR17
Posting to subscribe
#BeResultsProud

:bl:

yayyy lol
Did you sit CIE?

What time are you getting your results tomorrow?

Nope, I sat for Edexcel. Idk tbh. I thought we were getting results on the 13th 😶 cuz British Council did not communicate with me at all about this :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending