The Student Room Group

University of St Andrews A100 2021 Entry

Welcome to the University of St Andrews A100 2021 Entry Discussion.

St Andrews A100 2020 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6022678

For general information click: https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/subjects/medicine/medicine-bsc-a100/

For entry requirements click: https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/subjects/medicine/medicine-bsc-a100/entry-requirements/

St Andrews A100 / A990 2021 Offer Holders' thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6946652

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Do St Andrews have a quota for non-scottish Home fee students?
Reply 2
Original post by Medi-cry
Do St Andrews have a quota for non-scottish Home fee students?

Yes, they are known as RUK (rest of UK)
Reply 3
Original post by GANFYD
Yes, they are known as RUK (rest of UK)

Do you know how many RUK places are available
Reply 4
Original post by Koala3
Do you know how many RUK places are available

For 2020 it was 39, but quite possible that is going to reduce, as the Scottish Government are keen on offering places to Home (Scottish) applicants
Original post by GANFYD
For 2020 it was 39, but quite possible that is going to reduce, as the Scottish Government are keen on offering places to Home (Scottish) applicants

will it be really difficult to get in then as an RUK student? I got 3190 Band 1 in UCAT, will it be enough to get an interview do you think?
Reply 6
Original post by Medi-cry
will it be really difficult to get in then as an RUK student? I got 3190 Band 1 in UCAT, will it be enough to get an interview do you think?

More than enough. Cut offs in past years have been <2600 (though not seen last or this year's figures yet as they will not release until about November for that year).
They generally have a good interview to offer ratio
Reply 7
Original post by GANFYD
More than enough. Cut offs in past years have been <2600 (though not seen last or this year's figures yet as they will not release until about November for that year).
They generally have a good interview to offer ratio

I’ve read the cut off is general in the region of 2400
Reply 8
Original post by Koala3
I’ve read the cut off is general in the region of 2400

Was 2550 RUK 2018/19
is it best to apply with "no preference" for the Scottish/Ruk clinical years to maximise chances of acceptance?
Hello, can anyone find FOIs for St Andrew's Ucat cut off/stats for the previous admission cycles?
Does anyone know if there will be confirmation of how many RUK places there will be available for 2021 entry?
Reply 12
Original post by Orlando22
Does anyone know if there will be confirmation of how many RUK places there will be available for 2021 entry?

Not usually until early next year
Original post by GANFYD
Not usually until early next year

Ah thank you. That's a shame as it would have been nice to know how much it had gone down by! I can't decide if it's a waste of one of my 4 choices, although I would really like to go there.
can you apply as a graduate if you are about to enter 3rd year?
Reply 15
I have a UCAT score of 2620 and Band 3. Will I find it hard to get a place here?
Reply 16
with 655 and band 3 is there a chance of getting in?
Reply 17
Does the program allow doing the foundation training in the UK? It was mentioned in its website that there are no official routes but I am wondering what it is really like in practice. I also heard some people saying the program has changed recently to allow students to do foundation in the UK.
Reply 18
Was everyone’s thoughts on applying to here as the course is quite traditional, and requires a move to another uni ?
Original post by Koala3
Was everyone’s thoughts on applying to here as the course is quite traditional, and requires a move to another uni ?

I personally find the idea of moving to another uni quite exciting because not only will you meet so many people but you also get the experience of 2 different uni’s! Well that’s just my thoughts and opinions anyway.
(edited 3 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending