The Student Room Group

A level results....

Hi guys, I'm predicted ABB and need a minimum of CCC for my degree apprenticeship course, how likely do you think it is that I get in? mainly asking because I doubt my teachers are going to predict me good grades and obviously exam boards are standardizing grades so its a bit dodgy...
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by epicraj
Hi guys, I'm predicted ABB and need a minimum of CCC for my degree apprenticeship course, how likely do you think it is that I get in? mainly asking because I doubt my teachers are going to predict me good grades and obviously exam boards are standardizing grades so its a bit dodgy...

I'd be quite hopeful, that would be a massive decrease.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
I'd be quite hopeful, that would be a massive decrease.

yeah, just have to wait and see I suppose...
Original post by epicraj
yeah, just have to wait and see I suppose...

have you got a plan to keep busy tomorrow?even if it's finding a tv series to binge
Reply 4
have you got a plan to keep busy tomorrow?even if it's finding a tv series to binge

yeah, been doing some online courses recently to keep busy, learnt a bit of programming over the past 6 months or so and I'm working on this mobile game now. it helps to keep busy especially in the current climate... what about you?
Reply 5
Original post by epicraj

Good luck for results day mate - I don't reckon you have much to worry about like @clairestelle said :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by Bill V2
Good luck for results day mate - I don't reckon you have much to worry about like @clairestelle said :biggrin:

cheers, you waiting on any results?
Original post by epicraj
yeah, been doing some online courses recently to keep busy, learnt a bit of programming over the past 6 months or so and I'm working on this mobile game now. it helps to keep busy especially in the current climate... what about you?

oh i got my a level results 7 years ago almost (I'm old :tongue:) sounds like you've made a great use of lockdown time.
Reply 8
Original post by epicraj
cheers, you waiting on any results?

Only gcse results :tongue:
Reply 9
oh i got my a level results 7 years ago almost (I'm old :tongue:) sounds like you've made a great use of lockdown time.

:smile: thanks, yeah had literally nothing to do whatsoever in the first couple of months then decided might as well do something useful
Reply 10
Original post by Bill V2
Only gcse results :tongue:

Hope you get the results you want :smile:
You haven’t really given us much information such as your mock grades?
Original post by epicraj
Hope you get the results you want :smile:

Cheers :biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by Dexter345
You haven’t really given us much information such as your mock grades?

I had mocks in January but went on holiday just before and didn't really try because I knew I didn't need high grades - I got BCC in them although talking to teachers afterwards they still felt that I should be able to achieve my predictions, my economics teacher said that I should aim for A/A* even though I got a C. but that's what he said before and he predicted me a B for UCAS. so I don't really trust him very much. between jan - march though I maintained my grade at A/B so I really could go either way
Original post by epicraj
I had mocks in January but went on holiday just before and didn't really try because I knew I didn't need high grades - I got BCC in them although talking to teachers afterwards they still felt that I should be able to achieve my predictions, my economics teacher said that I should aim for A/A* even though I got a C. but that's what he said before and he predicted me a B for UCAS. so I don't really trust him very much. between jan - march though I maintained my grade at A/B so I really could go either way

Ahh you’ll be fine then
Reply 15
Original post by Dexter345
Ahh you’ll be fine then

hopefully
Reply 16
I guess I shouldn't have worried guys, got BBC , 2 grades below predicted grades and a little disappointing but I suppose it doesn't matter now.

Quick Reply

Latest