The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by IWads
Thank you, yeah it could be worth an email. I waited and they emailed me a couple of days ago asking for my ID in an email as it didn’t upload successfully on the video interview! Did you have that at all? I’ve also noticed that my status has changed in the portal from ‘invited to interview’ to ‘interview slot booked’ so somethings moved which really excited me haha:biggrin:. Have you checked the status of yours?

My feedback has disappeared as well as the change in status to “interview slot booked” so the ball is definitely rolling. I also emailed BF recruitment to see if they could advise on a timescale for the results, so I’ll update you with any response I receive and good luck to you.
Reply 41
Original post by Afc1414
My feedback has disappeared as well as the change in status to “interview slot booked” so the ball is definitely rolling. I also emailed BF recruitment to see if they could advise on a timescale for the results, so I’ll update you with any response I receive and good luck to you.

Yes the fact the status has changed of yours too seems promising. That’s great thank you really appreciate it. Good luck to you too! I hope you find out very soon! I did mine on the 27th of July so you completed yours a few days before me as well:smile:.
Reply 42
Original post by IWads
Yes the fact the status has changed of yours too seems promising. That’s great thank you really appreciate it. Good luck to you too! I hope you find out very soon! I did mine on the 27th of July so you completed yours a few days before me as well:smile:.

Just received an email back from the recruitment team, I’ve met the required standard for the role but they’re unable to offer me the job immediately. I would say I’m thrilled but who knows how long it is until they can offer me the job or if they do. Hopefully you hear back soon.
Reply 43
Original post by Afc1414
Just received an email back from the recruitment team, I’ve met the required standard for the role but they’re unable to offer me the job immediately. I would say I’m thrilled but who knows how long it is until they can offer me the job or if they do. Hopefully you hear back soon.

That’s amazing!! I think you should be thrilled, I think that’s kind of the standard protocol like what I got for the interview. ‘You met the required standard but we cannot offer your an interview immediately’. You should get your provisional job offer as soon as they can employ you:biggrin:. Congratulations, it’s great news. They responded to you super quickly as well. Where did you apply for if you don’t mind me asking?
I had a response from recruitment today that they’d received my ID images and uploaded them to my record but no interview ‘result’ as of yet.
Reply 44
Thanks for the words of encouragement - I don’t quite know how to feel😂 I applied for Felixstowe, Heathrow and the other I can’t remember, how about you? Oh yes my ID didnt upload properly when I had the video interview either, I sent them the correct details a few days after - I’m sure it wont be long until you hear back.
Reply 45
Original post by Afc1414
Thanks for the words of encouragement - I don’t quite know how to feel😂 I applied for Felixstowe, Heathrow and the other I can’t remember, how about you? Oh yes my ID didnt upload properly when I had the video interview either, I sent them the correct details a few days after - I’m sure it wont be long until you hear back.

Honestly that’s amazing news, you’ve been successful! Some people get their provisional offer after that email in like a few days time looking at other threads on here. My good friend has not long got into BF and she had exactly the same. Congratulations. I applied for Dover and Folkestone. I hope I do hear back soon but well done to you😁.
Reply 46
Original post by IWads
Honestly that’s amazing news, you’ve been successful! Some people get their provisional offer after that email in like a few days time looking at other threads on here. My good friend has not long got into BF and she had exactly the same. Congratulations. I applied for Dover and Folkestone. I hope I do hear back soon but well done to you😁.

Ahh thats brilliant thats gave me some confidence at least. I know it says on the feedback that a similar role may be offered if opportunities arose however I’m very keen on what I have already applied for. The mobile role would be very exciting for me and the high AHA of 49% is very appealing too - fingers crossed. Keep me updated on how you get on I’m sure you have smashed it!
Reply 47
Original post by Afc1414
Ahh thats brilliant thats gave me some confidence at least. I know it says on the feedback that a similar role may be offered if opportunities arose however I’m very keen on what I have already applied for. The mobile role would be very exciting for me and the high AHA of 49% is very appealing too - fingers crossed. Keep me updated on how you get on I’m sure you have smashed it!

You should be super proud of yourself, well done! I’m exactly the same, I’m so ready for a more demanding role like the RTF and I find the prospect of the mobile work in this role super exciting. It will be hard work but of course that’s why the AHA is high. Congratulations again and I will let you know how I get on, thank you!😁
Original post by IWads
Hi everyone, I know it seems to be different for each area etc but just for a rough idea please could I ask those who have had a video interview and have received their results how long it took for the results to come through? Many thanks :smile:

Hi, I've just had my results, it took 2 weeks!! I'm on the waiting list 🙂
Reply 49
Original post by LyndsayBy7

My interview was 2 weeks ago today, I’ve emailed recruitment today as getting super eager now haha! Congratulations to you, you’ve done so well😁.
Reply 50
Big well done to you, I’m currently working for HMRC and know how long BF usually take to employ people however due to the many vacancies available for the RTF role I strongly believe it won’t be long until we receive offers.
Original post by Afc1414
Big well done to you, I’m currently working for HMRC and know how long BF usually take to employ people however due to the many vacancies available for the RTF role I strongly believe it won’t be long until we receive offers.

Thank you!! I hope so! I'm currently working for DFE, do you know anything about transferring wages etc over there?
Original post by IWads
My interview was 2 weeks ago today, I’ve emailed recruitment today as getting super eager now haha! Congratulations to you, you’ve done so well😁.

Thank you!! Think I scraped through compared to some of the scores on here!! Fingers crossed you'll heat something soon
Reply 53
Thank you!! I hope so! I'm currently working for DFE, do you know anything about transferring wages etc over there?

I’m not entirely sure about that although civil servants transferring will start on the slightly higher salary (27k instead of the 24), external candidates will start on the lower pay grade during training but will boost up post training from what I have seen on various threads.
Reply 54
Thank you!! Think I scraped through compared to some of the scores on here!! Fingers crossed you'll heat something soon

Don’t I felt like that! But you did it so congratulations! I got a 4 on my application so hoping my interview was better. I have my fingers and toes crossed haha! I will post on this thread the outcome, but as I say I emailed GRS yesterday so hopefully will hear by the end of the week😄.
Original post by Afc1414
I’m not entirely sure about that although civil servants transferring will start on the slightly higher salary (27k instead of the 24), external candidates will start on the lower pay grade during training but will boost up post training from what I have seen on various threads.

Thank you! It's really hard to know sometimes, I get a marked time allowance so not sure of that would follow me over or not! Something to ask if I get an offer!
Original post by IWads
Don’t I felt like that! But you did it so congratulations! I got a 4 on my application so hoping my interview was better. I have my fingers and toes crossed haha! I will post on this thread the outcome, but as I say I emailed GRS yesterday so hopefully will hear by the end of the week😄.

I got a 5 on my application, only got 29 in total on the interview, I did have people walk in on me during some of my answers 🤦. Still a pass is a pass!! I got acceptable demonstration which is disappointing! I did wonder if the lower the score the longer it will take to get an offer?
Reply 57
I got a 5 on my application, only got 29 in total on the interview, I did have people walk in on me during some of my answers 🤦. Still a pass is a pass!! I got acceptable demonstration which is disappointing! I did wonder if the lower the score the longer it will take to get an offer?

Oh no, well that can't be helped and they probably expect distractions to a certain extent due to having the complete the interview at home, a car alarm went off during one of my answers and I even found that really off-putting! Like you say you still passed:biggrin:! I'm really unsure how they prioritise/stagger interviews/job offers. It may be on scores or it may be dependant on the amount of applicants/location etc! Luckily we can email the GRS email when we have waited a while:smile:.
Original post by IWads
Don’t I felt like that! But you did it so congratulations! I got a 4 on my application so hoping my interview was better. I have my fingers and toes crossed haha! I will post on this thread the outcome, but as I say I mailed GRS yesterday so hopefully will hear by the end of the week😄.

Original post by IWads
Oh no, well that can't be helped and they probably expect distractions to a certain extent due to having the complete the interview at home, a car alarm went off during one of my answers and I even found that really off-putting! Like you say you still passed:biggrin:! I'm really unsure how they prioritise/stagger interviews/job offers. It may be on scores or it may be dependant on the amount of applicants/location etc! Luckily we can email the GRS email when we have waited a while:smile:.

Yes we can 🙂. Can I ask where you've applied for? I've applied for Teesport which is North East, haven't seen many on her apply for anything Northern!
Reply 59
Yes we can 🙂. Can I ask where you've applied for? I've applied for Teesport which is North East, haven't seen many on her apply for anything Northern!

Of course :smile:. I applied for Folkestone and Dover! South East :smile:.

Latest

Trending

Trending