The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Sheffield Hallam

So the course I’ve applied for says online that we will have the opportunity to do work experience but with COVID I don’t think that’s gonna be possible. Do you think schools in the area may be open to accepting students. I’ve already signed a contract with my tenancy and I can’t cancel it but uni once a day without any work experience during the week seems like such a waste of money and I’m just trying to think of any alternatives to do like finding my own work experience 2/3x a week as like I said I can’t get out of my tenancy agreement and paying 5.5k for rent to only go uni once a week seems like a waste of money and time
Original post by Imaanx_x
So the course I’ve applied for says online that we will have the opportunity to do work experience but with COVID I don’t think that’s gonna be possible. Do you think schools in the area may be open to accepting students. I’ve already signed a contract with my tenancy and I can’t cancel it but uni once a day without any work experience during the week seems like such a waste of money and I’m just trying to think of any alternatives to do like finding my own work experience 2/3x a week as like I said I can’t get out of my tenancy agreement and paying 5.5k for rent to only go uni once a week seems like a waste of money and time

Yes you cna just apply to local schools.
Be sure to have your DBS online for easy processing.

You can also try action tutoring.
https://actiontutoring.org.uk/where-we-work/sheffield/
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Yes you cna just apply to local schools.
Be sure to have your DBS online for easy processing.

You can also try action tutoring.
https://actiontutoring.org.uk/where-we-work/sheffield/

Hi! Thanks for the help! Going to check this out and apply and maybe I’ll be able to do work experience 2/3 x a week! I already have a dbs that was done at Trent Uni would this be ok or would I need to do another one?
Hi! Thanks for the help! Going to check this out and apply and maybe I’ll be able to do work experience 2/3 x a week! I already have a dbs that was done at Trent Uni would this be ok or would I need to do another one?

You need to ;plpay £13 for the online one which is always up to date and available just from logging in.
DBS is onbly good for the day it was issued otherwise.

Hello @Imaanx_x
It's great to hear you will be studying at Sheffield Hallam, If you email [email protected] they should be able to help provide an answer your question and advise in regard to whether schools will be allowing students in for work experience or not.

If you have any other questions please let me know.
-Rachel
Hi I am new to this so don’t know what I am doing but I was wondering if someone could help me out. I have been offered biomedical science with a foundation year through clearing at Sheffield Hallam after not getting into my chosen uni for adult nursing it is my understanding you can switch once you have completed the foundation year but you need a certain grade I am scared about failing and wasting a year on a foundation course and I was wondering if there was anyone that has done this foundation year and knows what it is like if it is hard or what level it is at Thankyou
Original post by Anonymous
Hi I am new to this so don’t know what I am doing but I was wondering if someone could help me out. I have been offered biomedical science with a foundation year through clearing at Sheffield Hallam after not getting into my chosen uni for adult nursing it is my understanding you can switch once you have completed the foundation year but you need a certain grade I am scared about failing and wasting a year on a foundation course and I was wondering if there was anyone that has done this foundation year and knows what it is like if it is hard or what level it is at Thankyou

Hey, congrats on your offer to study with us! Although it may not be your dream course it sounds like a good possible route if our clearing adviser advised you that you were able to switch onto the course you wanted to study after completing the foundation year. You may want to post in our official 2020 applicant chat thread so that your post reaches a wider range of students or you can chat two of our Biomedical Science students on our chat platform in case they studied a similar foundation route. Let me know if you have any questions about studying at Hallam or student life in Sheffield.
- Ella :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending