The Student Room Group

Post break up problems

Ok so me and my boyfriend split up just after holiday on a mutual agreement. We’re both 17. It was really hard for the first week as we were both upset and were in the same friendship group so we see eachother all the time, but we thought the break up was for the best. It was difficult being in the middle with him so I gave him the decision we can either get back together and work on it or were absolutely nothing and we can both work on ourselves, he chose to get back with me and work on it but then ended it the night after crying because it ‘doesn’t feel right’ and ‘something was missing’, but we’ve kissed since and it’s just so difficult. We love eachother and I really want to be with him but I’m not going to wait around. We’re in contact atm but it’s just extremely complicated, he doesn’t understand why he doesn’t want me anymore but misses me and still cares. The thought of him with someone else kills me. He still wants me close to him, but not a relationship? What shall I do? Is there any chance of us getting back together?
Original post by Anonymous
Ok so me and my boyfriend split up just after holiday on a mutual agreement. We’re both 17. It was really hard for the first week as we were both upset and were in the same friendship group so we see eachother all the time, but we thought the break up was for the best. It was difficult being in the middle with him so I gave him the decision we can either get back together and work on it or were absolutely nothing and we can both work on ourselves, he chose to get back with me and work on it but then ended it the night after crying because it ‘doesn’t feel right’ and ‘something was missing’, but we’ve kissed since and it’s just so difficult. We love eachother and I really want to be with him but I’m not going to wait around. We’re in contact atm but it’s just extremely complicated, he doesn’t understand why he doesn’t want me anymore but misses me and still cares. The thought of him with someone else kills me. He still wants me close to him, but not a relationship? What shall I do? Is there any chance of us getting back together?

Clean break is the wya to mmove on and get over it quickly. You havent processed it and it has you confused/ You want the good bits without the bad ones.

Focus on your studies, go to uni, find someone else thats available. Cut contact from the ex.

Quick Reply

Latest