The Student Room Group

Career ideas!!

I have no clue what career path I’d like to take; I’m currently a college student, studying English Literature, History and Media Studies A Levels. I definitely want to go onto university, but for what I’m not sure. My friends are going into stuff like dentistry, medicine, and I want something to go on something high-paying too! I am a very flexible person, so please give me some ideas and advice!
do a career quiz!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by EstelleA
I have no clue what career path I’d like to take; I’m currently a college student, studying English Literature, History and Media Studies A Levels. I definitely want to go onto university, but for what I’m not sure. My friends are going into stuff like dentistry, medicine, and I want something to go on something high-paying too! I am a very flexible person, so please give me some ideas and advice!

Those options are perfect for Law. Do you have an interest in this career path?
Reply 3

Choose something you enjoy and will be happy studying exclusively for three years.
If you don't have a career in mind, it's best not to pick something too specific to keep your options open.
I would be wary of picking a degree based on what will be a high paying career. Graduates from any degree could end up with high or low pay, it hugely depends on whether you take advantage of opportunities at uni (e.g. summer internships, academic societies, research undertaken).
What I did was order a university prospectus (or just look at the degrees they offer online) and go through the entire thing and bookmark the subjects that interest me and that I would be happy to study. From there u can make a list of those subjects and look at what career each one could lead you into
Reply 5
Original post by 5hyl33n

I am! What would you recommend?
Original post by 5hyl33n

what do you want to do?
Reply 7
Original post by L-K
Choose something you enjoy and will be happy studying exclusively for three years.
If you don't have a career in mind, it's best not to pick something too specific to keep your options open.
I would be wary of picking a degree based on what will be a high paying career. Graduates from any degree could end up with high or low pay, it hugely depends on whether you take advantage of opportunities at uni (e.g. summer internships, academic societies, research undertaken).

I will consider that, thank you!
Reply 8
Original post by Libbyc16
do a career quiz!

Sorry could you resend the link? I didn’t get to the quiz!
Reply 9
Original post by AnnaDaria
What I did was order a university prospectus (or just look at the degrees they offer online) and go through the entire thing and bookmark the subjects that interest me and that I would be happy to study. From there u can make a list of those subjects and look at what career each one could lead you into

Thank you!
Reply 10
Original post by Goldie-Is-King
what do you want to do?

Anything! Though not with maths haha
I am! What would you recommend?

To see if this career path is right for you I would recommend doing some research...

Here is a link to get you started:
https://www.ucas.com/explore/subjects/law
Anything! Though not with maths haha

how about a maths teacher:smile:
Sorry could you resend the link? I didn’t get to the quiz!

https://www.ucas.com/careers/buzz-quiz

https://sacu-student.com/?page_id=5203
Reply 14
Original post by Goldie-Is-King
how about a maths teacher:smile:

if the pay is good enough :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest