The Student Room Group

I need advice on my height... please?

So basically I am 5'6,male and im 16. I am worried I have stopped growing, most of the men in my family (uncles,grandpas) are of average-tallish height around 5'10 - 11. I am about the same size as my dad as of now. Do you think I will carry on growing, have any of you guys grew past 16? Also how can I increase my height?

Scroll to see replies

Think your growth plates stop at 18 so u still got time

Also generally sons are taller than their dads so the chances are you will grow some more

Make sure to get a solid 8hrs sleep a night. That and eating a good diet could assist your growth

Just don’t do any stupid stuff like hanging upside down with weights to stretch yourself
Original post by Otherdjrj
Think your growth plates stop at 18 so u still got time

Also generally sons are taller than their dads so the chances are you will grow some more

Make sure to get a solid 8hrs sleep a night. That and eating a good diet could assist your growth

Just don’t do any stupid stuff like hanging upside down with weights to stretch yourself

What height do you think i can reach by 18?
Have you had your major growth spurt yet? The one that usually happens around the time you start growing that puberty moustache?
thats tuff. i guess you'll be 5'6-5'8 rest of your life.

but; if you wanna play for the future think bout this. have kids w a tall girl around 5'9-6'0. yo kids finna be tall and possibly go nba. thats an investment
Original post by AdvicePlease!
What height do you think i can reach by 18?

Considering you’re 16 I doubt you’re gonna get some wham growth spurt. So maybe 5’7 or 5’7.5 if you’re lucky
Original post by 2_versions
Have you had your major growth spurt yet? The one that usually happens around the time you start growing that puberty moustache?

Nope not had a major growth spurt yet...
play basketball it can make you taller
uh im a girl and im tryna figure out how to get taller too lol
I'm 16 and I'm 156 cm

i don't think I'm gonna get a lot taller tbh ): which sucks cuz I'm like 1cm shorter than my mum still ughh

juts get loads of sleep and eat healthy and drink lots of milk? idk
Original post by AdvicePlease!
Nope not had a major growth spurt yet...

Ah then you might just be a late bloomer, that's fine. Try to make sure that you start getting all the recommended vitamins to make sure you grow properly. If you haven't started growing by 17 though (or in like 8 months, give it some time) then perhaps ask your GP, you might be deficient of something or your height could just be normal at 5'6 - a simple question for them, it wont be anything health risky.
I wouldn't now since you are close to the growing age and it's still entirely possible it will start. Even if it's normal for you to be 5'6 as an adult, don't worry about it it's nothing to be embarrassed about, boys who tease you about it are 100% compensating for something in the downstairs and girls who say they don't like men under 6ft or whatever are probably not worth your time anyway. Most girls will still be interested in you - it gets asked regularly on here.
Unfortunately there aren't many homemade ways to ensure growth unless prescribed hormones, nothing that doesn't push the realm of pseudoscience anyway.
Men usually don’t finish growing completely until age 23-25 so you’ve got plenty of time.
(edited 3 years ago)
if i could id give some of my tallness to you cause im 5'8 or like 5'9 and im only 13 lmao
you're still growing, give it time.
trust the process (:
Original post by khadijaaaxxxx
if i could id give some of my tallness to you cause im 5'8 or like 5'9 and im only 13 lmao
you're still growing, give it time.
trust the process (:

I'm 22 and around 5'9, and when I was 16 I was in that 5'5/5'6 range lmao so if he has the same trajectory as me, hes screwed lmao
Original post by conorellis42
I'm 22 and around 5'9, and when I was 16 I was in that 5'5/5'6 range lmao so if he has the same trajectory as me, hes screwed lmao

bloody hell im nearly as tall as you 😂
if he's screwed he's just gonna have to get over it unfortunately
sounds harsh but you can't really change your height 😂
bloody hell im nearly as tall as you 😂
if he's screwed he's just gonna have to get over it unfortunately
sounds harsh but you can't really change your height 😂

Yeah its just height, not a big deal! I just happened to get given strength and speed over a good hairline and height lmao. Trade-offs and that.
He should get over it if he's screwed, and just get hench as **** instead.
I've been 5'9 since 17 and I'm 22 now, so 3 years left in the tank? :wink:
Original post by conorellis42
Yeah its just height, not a big deal! I just happened to get given strength and speed over a good hairline and height lmao. Trade-offs and that.
He should get over it if he's screwed, and just get hench as **** instead.

i mean yeah id prefer a guy that's hench asf and not like a giant or sum bs like that 😂
honestly, height isn't everything so don't worry. you may or may not grow more. it's fine if you don't.
i don't really think there's ways to increase height, you can't control height the same way you can't choose your eye colour, hair colour and other features.
i mean yeah id prefer a guy that's hench asf and not like a giant or sum bs like that 😂

It's like those 6'4 guys that weigh less than me and look like a twig! Faced one or two of them in the ring once, all they do is kick then gas out for 15 seconds lmao
99% is genetics maybe you are lucky , swimming diet and good sleep may help but its not guaranteed , at 16 I was 5' 9 and now im 6,1 ,

Quick Reply

Latest