The Student Room Group

Theory Test and highway code

Can I pass my theory test by just using the app's 'Driving Test Success' theory questions without learning the highway code? What does the theory test even mean? Is it a test assessing your knowledge of the highway code?
Original post by hxlimxh
Can I pass my theory test by just using the app's 'Driving Test Success' theory questions without learning the highway code? What does the theory test even mean? Is it a test assessing your knowledge of the highway code?

Yes the test is assessing your knowledge of the Highway Code. In my opinion the best app to use is the Driving Theory Test 2020 4in1 if you use this app correctly you will not need to read the Highway Code which is included in the app.
If you look up free theory tests online, the actual test is quite similar to that. The test just asks you questions on the Highway Code, and it’s literally just the theory of how you adhere to the law when driving, cycling, riding a horse or walking on roads. I know some people have done the theory test by just doing loads of practice questions, I did it by reading the Highway Code on the government website and (since most of it is common sense) I just wrote down the parts I had no idea about. There’s also a section called Hazard Perception, where you watch videos as if you’re driving a car, and you have to press the space button as soon as you see a hazard that would make you brake or change direction. Again, there’s apps online that’ll give you examples to practice with

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending