The Student Room Group

What would you do if you being dismissed in a job but again asked to come back?

Personally, i think i would make demands such as salary increase or promotion. Would you not do the same?

Scroll to see replies

you would certainly be in a strong position to enhance your emoluments :h:
Reply 2
Original post by the bear
you would certainly be in a strong position to enhance your emoluments :h:

Yeah i was thinking the same. Thanks
Depends on why you were dismissed and why they asked you back tbh...
Reply 4
Original post by GabiAbi84
Depends on why you were dismissed and why they asked you back tbh...

They dismissed me because manager thought i was not performing well but, hell they realise that my work ethics are way stronger than any other employee they got there.
Reply 5
Not desperate but, it is good to go back to them right?. For instance, if go to new job, they will pay expected salary i wanted but, for these one i can try with my demands before they have me back since i see them that they want me desperately.
Original post by iNeed2p
Personally, i think i would make demands such as salary increase or promotion. Would you not do the same?

Is this real or just in your imagination?
You havent provided any context.
Reply 7
Original post by 999tigger
Is this real or just in your imagination?
You havent provided any context.

No i got the email from my previous manager today.
Original post by iNeed2p
Not desperate but, it is good to go back to them right?. For instance, if go to new job, they will pay expected salary i wanted but, for these one i can try with my demands before they have me back since i see them that they want me desperately.

Just sounds like they’re desperate tbh-not for you just for anyone. And if they’re desperate they’re not likely to have funds to be promising you anything more.... that’s my take.
Plus, if my manager thought I wasn’t performing well and that wasn’t true then I wouldn’t be going back no matter what. If it Was true then sure, I’d presumably be desperate enough to go back.
Reply 9
Original post by GabiAbi84
Just sounds like they’re desperate tbh-not for you just for anyone. And if they’re desperate they’re not likely to have funds to be promising you anything more.... that’s my take.
Plus, if my manager thought I wasn’t performing well and that wasn’t true then I wouldn’t be going back no matter what. If it Was true then sure, I’d presumably be desperate enough to go back.

Thank you. I already sent him email now. Decided to ask him a rise with reasons why he should do that. So what if he says no. It's not the end of the world.
Original post by iNeed2p
No i got the email from my previous manager today.

Not enough context.
Go back if it suits you and don't if it does not.
Reply 11
Not enough context.
Go back if it suits you and don't if it does not.

I will go back when he increases the salary and then it will suit me but, if he doesn't i won't and it won't suit me. Just hate people calling other people like dogs whenever they need you and letting you go when they done with you.
Original post by iNeed2p
I will go back when he increases the salary and then it will suit me but, if he doesn't i won't and it won't suit me. Just hate people calling other people like dogs whenever they need you and letting you go when they done with you.

Again not much context, but of it doesnt suit you and the dismissla was unfair or inconsiderate plus it aint a great job, then let him find someone else. It might be easy for him, the point is you would still be back in a job you hated or had bad feelings associated with it. Move on.
I likely wouldn't, if they sacked you once they'll sack you again, plus basic pride.

As others have said, they would likely need to outright bribe me, a company car maybe, a nice office or significant raise. Even then...
Reply 14
Again not much context, but of it doesnt suit you and the dismissla was unfair or inconsiderate plus it aint a great job, then let him find someone else. It might be easy for him, the point is you would still be back in a job you hated or had bad feelings associated with it. Move on.

You're right. Thanks
Reply 15
Original post by StriderHort
I likely wouldn't, if they sacked you once they'll sack you again, plus basic pride.

As others have said, they would likely need to outright bribe me, a company car maybe, a nice office or significant raise. Even then...

Thanks, not going at all. Should have kept my pride.
Forgot to mention, I went back to work for a boss last month who let me go before....but he hadn't sacked me, just said there wasn't more work, it was 0-hour so he had that right and I knew he was giving my job to his crappy son in law. I had a feeling he would hit me up again later in the year when it started going to pot...but he had the sense to offer me a 8% odd raise right off the bat as he knew I'd be sniggering and he'd need to lure me (he told me this :P )
Reply 17
Forgot to mention, I went back to work for a boss last month who let me go before....but he hadn't sacked me, just said there wasn't more work, it was 0-hour so he had that right and I knew he was giving my job to his crappy son in law. I had a feeling he would hit me up again later in the year when it started going to pot...but he had the sense to offer me a 8% odd raise right off the bat as he knew I'd be sniggering and he'd need to lure me (he told me this :P )

Lol, Some bosses are pain in the arse and unprofessional. If i was a boss and stranger employee is doing better job than my favoured/relative employee. I would fire my favoured one honestly without a question and promote the one with the good work ethics.
Original post by iNeed2p
Lol, Some bosses are pain in the arse and unprofessional. If i was a boss and stranger employee is doing better job than my favoured/relative employee. I would fire my favoured one honestly without a question and promote the one with the good work ethics.

Not as simple as that when your dopey son in law is responsible for providing for your daughter and grandkid, I knew that bit without being told.
Reply 19
Not as simple as that when your dopey son in law is responsible for providing for your daughter and grandkid, I knew that bit without being told.

Yeah, you're right.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending