The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Mature Students - Nursing

Hi , I’m looking at chatting with any Mature Students starting Mental Health Nursing in September at Sheff Hallam.
Is there any?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SarahStacey
Hi , I’m looking at chatting with any Mature Students starting Mental Health Nursing in September at Sheff Hallam.
Is there any?

Hey there :smile:
I've popped your thread into the forum for sheffield hallam university so you may get a few more responses.
Also do check out nursing and midwifery !
Please don't advertise or discuss other social media chats etc; on :tsr2:
It jeopardizes the privacy and safety of other members and you should keep it to those platforms.
Best wishes,
Cheese :bump:
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Brill thank you
Is there any?

Hi

I wish I could help you but I am starting mine in January 2021. Good luck :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by donnylass88
Hi

I wish I could help you but I am starting mine in January 2021. Good luck :smile:

Awww I tried that one too but no experience so doing undergraduate. I can’t wait. I live Donny too 😃well, Brodsworth
Awww I tried that one too but no experience so doing undergraduate. I can’t wait. I live Donny too 😃well, Brodsworth

Well we could still help each other out. I am from near the wildlife park and airport. I know I am excited and scared at the same time. I dont know if I would prefer the undergraduate course :s-smilie::smile:
Is there any?

Hi @SarahStacey,

You can post in our official applicant chat thread and our postgraduate discussion thread to see if you can find any fellow applicants who will be studying this course in September. Another good idea is to search for unofficial applicant groups to join on Facebook as these are set up by applicants themselves. You can also chat to our current students on our chat platform if you have any questions about studying here or student life in Sheffield. Let me know if you have any other questions. :h:
- Ella
Reply 7
Original post by Sheffield Hallam University
Hi @SarahStacey,

You can post in our official applicant chat thread and our postgraduate discussion thread to see if you can find any fellow applicants who will be studying this course in September. Another good idea is to search for unofficial applicant groups to join on Facebook as these are set up by applicants themselves. You can also chat to our current students on our chat platform if you have any questions about studying here or student life in Sheffield. Let me know if you have any other questions. :h:
- Ella

Thanks very much Ella
Reply 8
@donnylass. I don’t think my latest replies are showing 😞
Reply 9
Thank you Ella
hello there. I know it's a while since you posted this. I'm a mature (37) student starting mental health nursing at Sheffield hallam next month. Still working, so not got my head around me going to be a student again 😳. I can't wait though. just anxious about getting organised with childcare and what not. x
Original post by nicjack82
hello there. I know it's a while since you posted this. I'm a mature (37) student starting mental health nursing at Sheffield hallam next month. Still working, so not got my head around me going to be a student again 😳. I can't wait though. just anxious about getting organised with childcare and what not. x

Hi @nicjack82, congrats on your offer to study with us this September! You can find out more about the support we offer our mature students on this support page. You can also find out how we will be keeping you safe on campus and what to expect from studying at Sheffield Hallam this September on our website. Hopefully someone on this thread responds to you (usually if you tag them like I have with you they will get a notification), but let me know if you have any specific questions about studying at Hallam and I will do my best to answer. :h:
- Ella
Original post by Sheffield Hallam University
Hi @nicjack82, congrats on your offer to study with us this September! You can find out more about the support we offer our mature students on this support page. You can also find out how we will be keeping you safe on campus and what to expect from studying at Sheffield Hallam this September on our website. Hopefully someone on this thread responds to you (usually if you tag them like I have with you they will get a notification), but let me know if you have any specific questions about studying at Hallam and I will do my best to answer. :h:
- Ella

Hi Ella , I replied and have gave @nickjack82 my number. Will be great to chat before the start 😁😁
Hi Ella , I replied and have gave @nickjack82 my number. Will be great to chat before the start 😁😁

hi Sarah, I have not been able to access the rest of the thread, it keeps telling me it has been removed. I've not managed to find you on messenger either x
Original post by nicjack82
hi Sarah, I have not been able to access the rest of the thread, it keeps telling me it has been removed. I've not managed to find you on messenger either x

Awwww no ... I just gave my number which is 07724455960 is you have WhatsApp maybe 😁x
I don’t think is posted the last one either 😭x
Hi,
I've had my interview for the course and I was told I'd hear within 2 weeks :afraid:.
Only another week to find out lol!
Fingers crossed I hear back soon, I have to give notice to my employer and sort student finance out!!
Feel free to pm me 😊
Original post by lyndsayw198
Hi,
I've had my interview for the course and I was told I'd hear within 2 weeks :afraid:.
Fingers crossed I hear back soon, I have to give notice to my employer and sort student finance out!!
Feel free to pm me 😊

fingers crossed for you 😁.
Original post by lyndsayw198
Hi,I've had my interview for thinhe course and I was told I'd hear within 2 weeks :afraid:.
Feel free to pm me 😊

Hi Lyndsay
that’s great news . Fingers crossed you get in , exciting times.... and nerve racking too haha. If you want to communicate on fb messenger ( so much easier) my name is sarah stacey and picture is me next to a wooden statue of god knows what. Where do you live ?
Hi Lyndsay
that’s great news . Fingers crossed you get in , exciting times.... and nerve racking too haha. If you want to communicate on fb messenger ( so much easier) my name is sarah stacey and picture is me next to a wooden statue of god knows what. Where do you live ?

I can't seem to find you on Facebook 😬🙈.
If I'm accepted I will be travelling In from Scunthorpe. What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending