The Student Room Group

Got my results today

For disclaimer I'm an international student, and i just got my grades. I want to cry. Seriously, I have cried, but I'm...i dont know how to feel.
I expected an ABB and got a BBC.

I don't think there was an assignment I got lower than 80% for in Business, maybe a few tests were here or there but I passed them still. I expected to get an A and I got a B, despite my last grade being 76 and I KNOW i've improved

I got C in a subject I worked the hardest in to unlearn the poor method my old teacher taught me. I thought I was doing great, the grades showed I was improving massively- a 56 to a 74? I thought that was good work.

I got another B in a subject I didn't even try hard for, and struggled last minute. I feel dead inside. I don't know what's going to happen Thursday
Does your country have an appeal process? In the U.K. I believe our teachers are able to appeal on our behalf if the school things we’ve been graded really inaccurately
Reply 2
Original post by Torigracex
Does your country have an appeal process? In the U.K. I believe our teachers are able to appeal on our behalf if the school things we’ve been graded really inaccurately

I haven't heard if they do or not, is there any website that I could check or should I just end up asking my teachers?
Original post by Ruelynn
For disclaimer I'm an international student, and i just got my grades. I want to cry. Seriously, I have cried, but I'm...i dont know how to feel.
I expected an ABB and got a BBC.

I don't think there was an assignment I got lower than 80% for in Business, maybe a few tests were here or there but I passed them still. I expected to get an A and I got a B, despite my last grade being 76 and I KNOW i've improved

I got C in a subject I worked the hardest in to unlearn the poor method my old teacher taught me. I thought I was doing great, the grades showed I was improving massively- a 56 to a 74? I thought that was good work.

I got another B in a subject I didn't even try hard for, and struggled last minute. I feel dead inside. I don't know what's going to happen Thursday

why don’t u just appeal like the Scottish did back in England . Our government might just give in and give u ur teacher estimated grades.s
Original post by Ruelynn
I haven't heard if they do or not, is there any website that I could check or should I just end up asking my teachers?

Unfortunately I have no idea how to check how grades are being done in countries other than my own, when I google for news articles I just put in ‘A levels 2020’ and it comes up with what’s happening in England, so you could try the same thing for your exams? The next step would just be to get in contact with your teachers and see if they are able to appeal
this making my stomach ache the grades my teachers submitted were ABB.. If they downgrade me too that's actually ******** I didn't even get my target in one of them...
Original post by anon12344321
this making my stomach ache the grades my teachers submitted were ABB.. If they downgrade me too that's actually ******** I didn't even get my target in one of them...

How do you know what your teachers submitted? Surely that's malpractice?
Original post by etienne26
How do you know what your teachers submitted? Surely that's malpractice?

no comment
Original post by anon12344321
no comment

Lol. Tbh I would rather not know and be anxious of being downgraded for months.
You can read up about appealing here: https://www.cambridgeinternational.org/covid/results-day/post-results-checks-and-appeals/ Btw, I feel like I did fairly well in my mocks and my AS Mathematics too, like well enough to get an A* but I got an A instead. It is saddening to see others who got B's and C's in their AS get 3A*s in their A-levels. I am happy for them, but at the same time, I feel like my efforts went to waste.

Quick Reply