The Student Room Group

How many hours do Kirkland and Ellis employees work?

How many hours do trainees, associates and partners work per week?
Reply 1
Original post by Joshuah0123
How many hours do trainees, associates and partners work per week?

12 per day, according to this research: https://www.legalcheek.com/2019/11/revealed-law-firms-average-arrive-and-leave-the-office-times-2019-20/

i don't think that Legal Cheek interviewed enough people to turn this into anything other than an opinion poll :biggrin:
Whenever they are required to work.

That will generally mean until 7pm if you are finishing early, until 11pm on an average day, all night if you have a deadline. Sometimes you will have to work weekends, sometimes you won't. You will probably need to interrupt your holidays too.

I thought this blog is quite accurate: https://www.lawentrance.com/adayinthelife.htm - though I don't think the "hour for lunch" is accurate. More like sandwiches at your desk over emails.

That is only going to be accurate for firms like Kirkland & Ellis. It isn't quite as bad as that at the Magic Circle (mostly - depends on the department) or in other well regarded city law firms.
It also varies massively by department, the nature of the work has a different ebb and flow.
Lots of threads asking questions about things which dont affect them or way ahead of time.
Reply 5
Original post by EU Yakov
i don't think that Legal Cheek interviewed enough people to turn this into anything other than an opinion poll :biggrin:

You are probably right on that.
Original post by 999tigger
Lots of threads asking questions about things which dont affect them or way ahead of time.

i'm getting the same impression
what i find quite rude is the posters who ask a question and then run away instead of engaging
they seem to think that they are entitled to other posters spending time to satisfy their idle curiosities
Original post by AspireInspire
It's a forum, asking pointless questions is what this platform is for without the need for OP to reply lmao

OP gives me the impression that they're a child who is fantasising about being the next Sachdev. Most of the threads on here are like this these days. it's tiring

you don't seem to be an active member. if you were even remotely present on here you'd understand the frustration
Original post by AspireInspire
I haven't a clue who you're trying to reference...

No one's asking you to respond if you find a thread tiring lol how petty are you if you get annoyed over something as trivial as a curious question?

I used to be an active member (more than your 94 posts lol) on a different account back when I was applying for TCs two years ago. Grow up :biggrin:

94 posts in a short period of time... probably too short eh? had higher expectations for this forum

you are free to come back with your active account and deal with these trivial and curious questions every day for weeks on end

until then the people who actually spend time answering them get to whine

g'day

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending