The Student Room Group

st andrew or bristol?

i got offer from both unis but not sure which one is the best for student life. i am a very outgoing person. I heard st andrew have a really bad student life and bristol is the most druggie place?
Bristol definitely would have the best nightlife compared to St Andrew's and yes Bristol is known for their drugs but tbh most unis have people who take drugs so you'll probably come across them but most likely no one is gonna force you to take them. We are adults now :smile:

Have you watched this video? It might help you out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57wSU05hdV4
Original post by Anonymous
i got offer from both unis but not sure which one is the best for student life. i am a very outgoing person. I heard st andrew have a really bad student life and bristol is the most druggie place?

St Andrews and Bristol both have amazing student experiences but the polar opposite - Bristol is spread out but amazing for nightclubs, St Andrews is densely packed into one town and amazing for a tight-knit community and great for student bars, but has no proper nightclubs
Reply 3
St Andrews is a weird one. The town itself is incredibly boring by itself due to how small it is, so the students make do with lots of clubs (like chess / wine tasting / poetry readings etc.). There are plenty of house parties, which I suppose is true everywhere. There's only a few streets, so you're constantly bumping into familiar faces. A very high percentage of people are highly privileged. Its a bubble. Many people really love it.
Original post by Krood
St Andrews is a weird one. The town itself is incredibly boring by itself due to how small it is, so the students make do with lots of clubs (like chess / wine tasting / poetry readings etc.). There are plenty of house parties, which I suppose is true everywhere. There's only a few streets, so you're constantly bumping into familiar faces. A very high percentage of people are highly privileged. Its a bubble. Many people really love it.

"poetry readings" lmao you're making a valid point but it's not that bad lol
Reply 5
Well it was some years ago, maybe the poetry readings are out of vogue now.
Reply 6
yeah i been looking up on st andrew and it seem to be a very boring place. i am bit worry about Bristol , is it 100% safe compared to other cities? Do people take drugs in uni toilets?

Both are great unis so you cannot go wrong. Both have been in the press for the wrong reasons - Bristol for the high suicide rate and St Andrews for the sexist attitude of its students. So drugs is way down the list of things for you to consider
Bristol all day (and night) long.
Reply 9
alright i am going for bristol , thanks for help
alright i am going for bristol , thanks for help

Starlynx is an anti-St Andrews troll. we all think he got rejected and is bitter. Have you seen my St Andrews applicant thread?: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6431074 if so maybe it will help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending