The Student Room Group

is it good if a 16 y/o watches 18 rated things?

i mean im 16, but should i be watching 18 rated things on Netflix? or is that bad for me lol

Scroll to see replies

It's fine, you won't explode.

I played 18+ games when I was 10.
Reply 2
Watch game of thrones. After that you won’t feel guilty watching anything else.
nah doesn't matter like I started G.O.T when I was 12 that series is like so too much and is A rated in all means (adult language, adult content,nudity,sexual violence,and other loads of crap). ur like 16 which is like better. and I dont really think everyone does watch 18+ right after there're 18 , 15 and 16 doesn't seem that bad age to start watching A ratings u know.
Original post by Anonymous
i mean im 16, but should i be watching 18 rated things on Netflix? or is that bad for me lol

No, it is just a recommendation for yourself, but at the end you decide for your own.
Reply 5
Original post by Sudocrem
It's fine, you won't explode.

I played 18+ games when I w

I don't recommend but you'll watch it nevertheless HAHSHHSHAHAHHA
Reply 6
never stopped anyone :dontknow:

Our civic society, via its rating system, deems it inappropriate. So any concept of it being good is by a value system outside of that.
I'm on my 20's, watching spongebob, is it good?
Original post by ermolay0223
i'm on my 20's, watching spongebob, is it good?

hahahhahahahah same here same here
Reply 10

my parents were quite strict on age restriction when i was growing up.

I would not have been allowed to do this, that's for sure.

When I was 16 I finally persuaded my parents to let me have a TV in my room. I was told that I was not allowed to watch it after 9:30PM and If I did I would be banned.

My mother frequently made surprise checks on me after 9:30pm for several months after I got the TV.
I got very close to being caught on a few occasions [one time i literally managed to turn it off just as the door was opening, less than a second later and i would have been caught.]
Original post by ANM775
my parents were quite strict on age restriction when i was growing up.

I would not have been allowed to do this, that's for sure.

When I was 16 I finally persuaded my parents to let me have a TV in my room. I was told that I was not allowed to watch it after 9:30PM and If I did I would be banned.

My mother frequently made surprise checks on me after 9:30pm for several months after I got the TV.
I got very close to being caught on a few occasions [one time i literally managed to turn it off just as the door was opening, less than a second later and i would have been caught.]

what????? you have your own tv in your room at 16??? i'm so jealous
Reply 12
Original post by catrina623
what????? you have your own tv in your room at 16??? i'm so jealous

I think you are being sarcastic, I know most people have TV's in their room well before that.........., but my parents were very strict

at 14 I had a 6:30pm curfew too
Original post by ANM775
I think you are being sarcastic, I know most people have TV's in their room well before that.........., but my parents were very strict

at 14 I had a 6:30pm curfew too

Literally no one I know has TVs in their room 😂
Reply 14
Original post by Chopinnocturne31
Literally no one I know has TVs in their room 😂

How do they play Playstation/Xbox then?

I've been watching and playing 18 rated stuff since I was in my single-digits so don't feel bad. As long as you don't go around mimicking the violence and crime you see then you'll be A-OK.
Sure. I am 16 and watch the Tudors. Occasionally I have to turn off the sound lol.
Original post by ANM775
How do they play Playstation/Xbox then?

I think most people have more than one tv but not necessarily in their room, so they use that 🤷*♀️
Reply 18
I has a tv in my room when I was 8 but I kept falling asleep with it on and waking up at 6am with some random show on.
Meh, you'll do fine LOL

Quick Reply

Latest