The Student Room Group

Dropping a subject

I am in 10th-grade right now and I have chosen additional mathematics/ hl (high level) mathematics since 9th. But my marks have only been ranging between D-Us when it comes to summative. I don't have a deep interest in maths and I only took hl maths to test my capabilities. I cannot risk getting another bad grade. My question is if I end up dropping hl maths will it impact my future, like when I apply to a university??
Original post by student_555
I am in 10th-grade right now and I have chosen additional mathematics/ hl (high level) mathematics since 9th. But my marks have only been ranging between D-Us when it comes to summative. I don't have a deep interest in maths and I only took hl maths to test my capabilities. I cannot risk getting another bad grade. My question is if I end up dropping hl maths will it impact my future, like when I apply to a university??

I don't think it will matter that much. It would be better to drop it than get a bad grade. I'm assuming you don't want to go into a Maths based career?
Reply 2
Original post by 5hyl33n
I don't think it will matter that much. It would be better to drop it than get a bad grade. I'm assuming you don't want to go into a Maths based career?I

You are correct I am not that inclined to maths, but I am interested in areas that will require mathematics skills like business and economics...
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending