The Student Room Group

A-level Spanish?

Is there a definitive list of vocab for A-level Spanish? Or at least a minimum core set of vocab, like at GCSE? If not, how would I go about learning enough vocab to get an A* in the exam?
Reply 1
Original post by 2schoolforcool
Is there a definitive list of vocab for A-level Spanish? Or at least a minimum core set of vocab, like at GCSE? If not, how would I go about learning enough vocab to get an A* in the exam?

Which board would you be taking?
Original post by Kerzen
Which board would you be taking?

Ah sorry - thought I said that! Edexcel :smile:

The best thing to do is have a look at the specification - it will tell you either what you need to know or roughly topics that you need to know the vocab for
Original post by Becca216
The best thing to do is have a look at the specification - it will tell you either what you need to know or roughly topics that you need to know the vocab for

Ah okay, thank you! Do you have a rough idea of how many words you would need to learn for each topic?
Ah okay, thank you! Do you have a rough idea of how many words you would need to learn for each topic?

I don’t do a mfl, so I have no idea, sorry. The best person to contact is your teacher who will be able to give better guidance :smile:
Reply 6
Ah sorry - thought I said that! Edexcel :smile:

There is some useful info in the Specification document.

https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-a-levels/spanish-2016.html

I have A Levels in German and French and GCSE in Spanish.
Original post by Kerzen
There is some useful info in the Specification document.

https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-a-levels/spanish-2016.html

I have A Levels in German and French and GCSE in Spanish.

Sorry to be annoying but where? I can’t find anything about the amount of vocab students will be expected to know. Sorry ahahah

I don’t think there is a definitive list like there is at GCSE. I did A level French and my teacher recommended the book mot à mot, I just looked the equivalent Spanish one would be ‘palabra poor palabra’but that’s for AQA, don’t know how useful that would be for you

ETA- found a edexcel one, have a look
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Palabra-por-Sixth-Vocabulary-level/dp/1510434836
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by thegalaxy
I don’t think there is a definitive list like there is at GCSE. I did A level French and my teacher recommended the book mot à mot, I just looked the equivalent Spanish one would be ‘palabra poor palabra’but that’s for AQA, don’t know how useful that would be for you

ETA- found a edexcel one, have a look
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Palabra-por-Sixth-Vocabulary-level/dp/1510434836

Ah this is brilliant thank you!

Hola,

The same vocab list doesn't exist for A level Spanish I'm afraid but I would look at the 'glosarios' in the Edexcel textbook (it's likely you'll be studying it) and you'll see the list there. This isn't an exhaustive list as you'll be picking up more words from articles, reading comprehensions, teacher handouts/booklets and other interactive resources!

Buena suerte :smile:
I know for AQA there isn't a list but for each topic there's lots of quizlets covering most of the vocab required for that topic

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending