The Student Room Group

BTEC Results Day 2020: Chat Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pepsimaxcherry
My first year BTEC grade -

Is it marked by my teachers or externally?

both - coursework by teachers and external exams by examiners
Original post by Keri00Summers
both - coursework by teachers and external exams by examiners

I only do coursework that’s why I’m wondering! :smile:
I only do coursework that’s why I’m wondering! :smile:

coursework would be marked by teachers and be checked by the examiner to see if it is fair what the teacher gave you
coursework would be marked by teachers and be checked by the examiner to see if it is fair what the teacher gave you

ahh thank you!
for this year?

I was unsure on this too. I believe the btec highest grading is *A*A*A
Original post by squeeek2
I was unsure on this too. I believe the btec highest grading is *A*A*A

It's D*D*D* (Distinction*Distinction*Distinction*)
I'm taking A-Levels too and some of my grades are based on those.

1. Level 3 Extended Diploma
2. Engineering
3. University
4. Nottingham firm, Loughborough Insurance (also have a place in the USA lined up)
5. Computer Science and AI (Nottingham), Robotics, Mechatronics, and Control Engineering (Loughborough)
6. Nottingham: AAB, Loughborough: B in maths and D*DD in engineering
7. This year
8. D*D*D*
9. Not too worried
My first year BTEC grade -

Is it marked by my teachers or externally?

Did you finish all your units? Was there any exams that you were yet to do this year?
Original post by Lshort17
Did you finish all your units? Was there any exams that you were yet to do this year?

None of my course is exams.

We finished all units apart from 2 due to the virus. The exam board were contacted and we were told we did not have to complete assignments after a certain deadline. I submitted all required assignments before the deadline though.
None of my course is exams.

We finished all units apart from 2 due to the virus. The exam board were contacted and we were told we did not have to complete assignments after a certain deadline. I submitted all required assignments before the deadline though.

Ah right. Then the teacher will assess then someone may moderate it externally
Ah right. Then the teacher will assess then someone may moderate it externally

downgrading shouldn't even occur for btecs as the is sufficient evidence such as units completed before corona
Reply 71
for btec i got a near pass in one of exams in business lvl 3 extended diploma and im actually confused on if they will mark that down as a grade or might give me my predicted grade. does anyone have this issue
Original post by 67orR
for btec i got a near pass in one of exams in business lvl 3 extended diploma and im actually confused on if they will mark that down as a grade or might give me my predicted grade. does anyone have this issue

Im confused too because everything is circulating around A-levels, i just wanna know if btecs are going to be affected by downgrading.
can someone clear this up for me
09CFD821-DC58-458D-9085-C22B4AE0CB0C.jpg.jpeg
Again, A levels seem to be getting priority 😔
This is so annoying. We are as equal as they are so why are we not getting told specifically how we will be affected if any.
Again, A levels seem to be getting priority 😔
This is so annoying. We are as equal as they are so why are we not getting told specifically how we will be affected if any.

Completely agree! Although I’m only a first year, it’s still massively impacting my future. I cannot begin to understand how stressed and anxious second years must feel! It’s such a shame that people still view BTECs as the “easy” option or that if you take one, you just aren’t smart enough for A Levels.

I hope everyone does amazing and proves all these people wrong! :smile:
Completely agree! Although I’m only a first year, it’s still massively impacting my future. I cannot begin to understand how stressed and anxious second years must feel! It’s such a shame that people still view BTECs as the “easy” option or that if you take one, you just aren’t smart enough for A Levels.

I hope everyone does amazing and proves all these people wrong! :smile:

It sure is, i find it so degrading when i tell people and they give the sneer. Good luck guys, lets prove them wrong. We are as if not more deserving than they are. We worked tireless for the whole year/two years. We earned it. Lets hope the grades do us justice!!
Hi, everyone!
This year, i managed to complete my BTEC level 3 extended diploma in IT. At first I thought my results were going to come out tomorrow, but they surprisingly came by post just this morning.

For my results I got: D*D*D. I'm extremely satisfied with my results and I hope every single one of you get amazing results that you'll also be satisfied with.

Good luck to everyone who will receive their results today or tomorrow. You can do this! I'm rooting for you all! :flower2:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Mistyyyyy
Hi, everyone!
This year, i managed to complete my BTEC level 3 extended diploma in IT. At first I thought my results were going to come out tomorrow, but they surprisingly came by post just this morning.

For my results I got: D*D*D. I'm extremely satisfied with my results and I hope every single one of you get amazing results that you'll also be satisfied with.

Good luck to everyone who will receive their results today or tomorrow. You can do this! I'm rooting for you all! :flower2:

Congratulations, that’s amazing!
Congratulations, that’s amazing!

Thank you! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending