The Student Room Group

Has anyone finished their personal statement?

For 2021 entry.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It depends on if you're applying in October or January, but for the 2020 entry I think I started my personal statement in August and it was fully finished at the end of September for the October application, I don't think I would've fully finished it before September as I my college to check over it. I'm reapplying again this year for the 2021 entry and my personal statement is mostly done, but I might still keep adapting it till October.
Me! But I'm not applying to Oxbridge so I guess I have finished it a bit early. I might send it in to TSR (private forum) to look over it for me soon.
i have, it only took me a few hours to write
Original post by Libbyc16

How?! I spent so long on it because I couldn't keep within the 4000 characters and 47 lines. :puppyeyes:
I've written mine up but I need to alter some things, shouldn't take long as I've got the bulk of it done. Only spent a few hours writing it, thought it would take longer but then again I'm not a very interesting person...:confused:
Original post by 5hyl33n
How?! I spent so long on it because I couldn't keep within the 4000 characters and 47 lines. :puppyeyes:

I don’t know tbh. I just found it really easy to do and finished fairly quickly. I managed to keep in the work count too, so i didn’t have to worry about having to make it short. What are you planning to apply for?

Did you get it checked and finalised?
I don’t know tbh. I just found it really easy to do and finished fairly quickly. I managed to keep in the work count too, so i didn’t have to worry about having to make it short. What are you planning to apply for?

Cool!

I’m applying for Chemistry. What about you?
Half way
I haven’t started yet... 😭
Original post by ninja24
Did you get it checked and finalised?

yeah, have u?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Chopinnocturne31
I haven’t started yet... 😭

ucas 2021 entry opens on sep 8

I know. I’m just so caught up with UCAT and other stuff, I haven’t managed to start 😫 I’m going to start as soon as I finish my UCAT though and literally power through it
I just have the conclusion to finish off so hoping to get it done today and send it to a teacher to check :smile:

You have until January to apply though
Original post by laurawatt
I just have the conclusion to finish off so hoping to get it done today and send it to a teacher to check :smile:
You have until January to apply though

I only have until 15th October 😩
I haven’t started :frown:

Finding it extremely tough to find the time to do it and what to write!
Original post by pepsimaxcherry

Same here! :frown: I thought I was the only one lol 😫
Original post by pepsimaxcherry

What subject are you applying for?
Original post by 5hyl33n
Cool!

I’m applying for Chemistry. What about you?

oooo nice, where are you thinking of applying for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending