The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

De Montfort University Diagnostic Radiography Conditional Offer

I received a conditional offer from DMU in February for Diagnostic Radiography, with a few conditions listed such as the DBS, occupational health clearance and copy of my passport. I have successfully completed all of these conditions about a month or so ago, but still haven't heard from DMU in regards to my offer. I did contact the admissions department about it as I am not awaiting any exam results, but was told that I would just need to wait. Has anyone else had this problem, as its getting closer to the start date now and I'm still unsure as to what is happening.
Original post by mscoldchaser
I received a conditional offer from DMU in February for Diagnostic Radiography, with a few conditions listed such as the DBS, occupational health clearance and copy of my passport. I have successfully completed all of these conditions about a month or so ago, but still haven't heard from DMU in regards to my offer. I did contact the admissions department about it as I am not awaiting any exam results, but was told that I would just need to wait. Has anyone else had this problem, as its getting closer to the start date now and I'm still unsure as to what is happening.

You aren't the first person I've heard from today who seem to have been told to "just wait" by DMU. :frown:

When did you last speak to them? It's pretty poor to be made to wait without a reason given, and even worse if they're giving no indication of how long they're expecting you to wait either...
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your wait. We are currently in UCAS Embargo. This means that we cannot make any changes or have any discussions regarding applications until UCAS reopens 13th August 2020 at 8am. This may have caused some delays. We offer our full apologies and confirm this is a University-wide protocol in conjunction with UCAS.

However, if you have some issues that you would like chased up before then, please do feel free to give us a call on 0116 257 7000 or email [email protected] and ask for me, Alice. I will look into the matters personally as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Alice
Original post by 04MR17
You aren't the first person I've heard from today who seem to have been told to "just wait" by DMU. :frown:

When did you last speak to them? It's pretty poor to be made to wait without a reason given, and even worse if they're giving no indication of how long they're expecting you to wait either...

It seemed a strange response at the time too. I thought it was a bit poor, but, by the looks of it not long afterwards my offer was changed to unconditional, so they issue is resolved now. I spoke to them last Tuesday. Since then I’ve been on holiday, so apologies for the delay, so didn’t even know I’d received an update to my UCAS as I didn’t receive my normal email from them to say there was an update. Thank you though.
It seemed a strange response at the time too. I thought it was a bit poor, but, by the looks of it not long afterwards my offer was changed to unconditional, so they issue is resolved now. I spoke to them last Tuesday. Since then I’ve been on holiday, so apologies for the delay, so didn’t even know I’d received an update to my UCAS as I didn’t receive my normal email from them to say there was an update. Thank you though.

This is good to hear - congratulations. :biggrin:
Reply 5

Hi!!

I’m also going to be studying diagnostic radiography at DMU. I know it’s a very small intake but so far you’re only the second person I’ve found on the course!
Original post by JC003
Hi!!

I’m also going to be studying diagnostic radiography at DMU. I know it’s a very small intake but so far you’re only the second person I’ve found on the course!

Hi!

True, there’s not going to be many of us on the course 16 I think, so that’ll be nice, get to know everyone better then. Oh, I haven’t found many people either -you’ll be the third. I’m looking forward to starting now, not long to go!
Reply 7
Original post by De Montfort University
Hi,

Sorry to hear about your wait. We are currently in UCAS Embargo. This means that we cannot make any changes or have any discussions regarding applications until UCAS reopens 13th August 2020 at 8am. This may have caused some delays. We offer our full apologies and confirm this is a University-wide protocol in conjunction with UCAS.

However, if you have some issues that you would like chased up before then, please do feel free to give us a call on 0116 257 7000 or email [email protected] and ask for me, Alice. I will look into the matters personally as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Alice

Hi
I just wanted to ask in order to do the radiography course do you accept a level 3 national extended certificate in applied science , health and social care and a level sociology ?
Original post by zainab._
Hi
I just wanted to ask in order to do the radiography course do you accept a level 3 national extended certificate in applied science , health and social care and a level sociology ?

Hi @zainab._:smile:

I hope you're well! I have checked with the team, and I believe we may be able to consider this for the course. Unfortunately, we have now closed applications for the course for this September's intake and are not currently accepting any further applications. If you did want to talk about your options with the course, we'll be happy to help here or you can call our team on 0116 250 6070.

Take care and stay safe,

Emi

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending