The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Credit transfer question

I've got 2 modules that i'm meant to resit very soon can i still apply for credit transfer.
Also is there 2 credit transfer deadlines one for 13/08/20 and one for feb next year?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I've got 2 modules that i'm meant to resit very soon can i still apply for credit transfer.
Also is there 2 credit transfer deadlines one for 13/08/20 and one for feb next year?

it's the 18th for if you are waiting on results for this year to start in October, after that unless you want to do a module that starts in February you'd have to wait until next october.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
it's the 18th for if you are waiting on results for this year to start in October, after that unless you want to do a module that starts in February you'd have to wait until next october.

are you sure because there's no mention of that on the website
are you sure because there's no mention of that on the website

it's near the bottom :smile:
http://www.open.ac.uk/study/credit-transfer/
Reply 4
A

Ah but mines a regular university module which i'm resitting on the 26th, should i still apply for credit transfer?
Reply 5
Also is it possible to transfer credits and do year 3 OU or will i have to resit year 2 again?
A

Ah but mines a regular university module which i'm resitting on the 26th, should i still apply for credit transfer?

you'd be passed the deadline I believe so they might not be to consider that module
Reply 7
you'd be passed the deadline I believe so they might not be to consider that module

What if i let them know beforehand?
What if i let them know beforehand?

it's unlikely as you won't have a pass in the module at that point.
Reply 9
S

it's unlikely as you won't have a pass in the module at that point.

So i'll have to wait until next year?
S

So i'll have to wait until next year?

how many credits are you trying to transfer? i think they do it in increments of 30 so it might not be worth trying to transfer this resit module anyway
how many credits are you trying to transfer? i think they do it in increments of 30 so it might not be worth trying to transfer this resit module anyway

So far i have 60 creds( 30, 15,15)
So far i have 60 creds( 30, 15,15)

60 credits not including the resit?
60 credits not including the resit?

yeah
mb 75*
yeah

check to see how many credits the first year modules are on the degree you want to transfer to, as a lot of them are 60 credits so even if you did your resit you would still have to do a module anyway.
check to see how many credits the first year modules are on the degree you want to transfer to, as a lot of them are 60 credits so even if you did your resit you would still have to do a module anyway.

Sorry i didn't make myself clear, I'm essentially trying transfer OU from 2nd year and do my third year there so i dont have to an ordinary degree
Sorry i didn't make myself clear, I'm essentially trying transfer OU from 2nd year and do my third year there so i dont have to an ordinary degree

so you have 240 credits and you need to resit some of them?
so you have 240 credits and you need to resit some of them?

Yeah
Yeah

I'd give them a call if you can to discuss the situation but I don't think you'll be able to count the one you are resitting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending