The Student Room Group

Have your say: The unknown essentials to pack for uni

Here's where you can post a comment about our The unknown essentials to pack for uni article.

Read the full The unknown essentials to pack for uni article and join in the discussion by posting a message below.
Reply 1
Clothes pegs too, not for hanging clothes but for clipping bags shut. Those "re-sealable" tags on bags of pasta and rice are pretty terrible
This might sound weird but a second bin worked wonders for me in halls! Genuinely saved so much time separating recycling from general waste :woo:
As a student who cooks a lot, I'd recommend bringing lots of tupperware for leftovers!
Original post by UELStudentRep
As a student who cooks a lot, I'd recommend bringing lots of tupperware for leftovers!

^ This. All of this. Got some really good stackable tupperware from Age UK last year (hopefully they still sell them because they are AMAZING). They are both great for food storage or when you are so tired you forget what a plate is :wink:
Reply 5
i own almost nothing of that list and i've been a uni student for 5 years :awesome:

you don't need everything on your first night in your accommodation. you need towels, bed sheets, hand soap, basic hygiene stuff. i would say do not buy/bring too much stuff till you see your room and what you actually need. i had a flatmate last year bring everything but the kitchen sink and most of it was stacked in her room or placed in a drawer unused.

on the subject of air fresher, please be mindful how/where you use it. for two years i had to live with flatmates who bathed themselves and the flat with it. it wasn't pleasant but the person spraying is often immune to the smell. i would say less is more :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending