The Student Room Group

How hot is your bedroom?

My bedroom thermometer just hit 33.1C. That's with all the curtains and windows closed! :eek: Dilemma now is - will my room get hotter or colder if I open the windows. Hmmm.

Scroll to see replies

Open the windows 😨😨😨
literally 39c :frown:
My bedroom is 30.6C with the windows and curtains open
Original post by Chopinnocturne31
Open the windows 😨😨😨

but then it's just hot air coming out isn't it?
Reply 5
TOO HOT
i'm gonna be a classic brit here and complain about the heatwave ahah, my bedroom is 31 degrees celsius currently
its so warm at night i cant cope
Original post by rxyaltyx
but then it's just hot air coming out isn't it?

Noo, there’s a bit of a breeze outside even if it’s not much so it’s better than keeping them closed
Hot enough to roast a chicken 🐓
Open the windows 😨😨😨

I read somewhere that keeping windows and blinds closed keeps the heat outside out! Testing that theory out!
literally 39c :frown:

Get a thermomenter and report back! I have this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/ThermoPro-TP50-Digital-Thermometer-Temperature/dp/B01H1R0K68
Reply 9
Idk how hot my room is as I avoid being up there coz of the heat. But it was hot enough for me to not be able to sleep monday night or tuesday morning. Luckily I have an AC unit in my room so I guess it ain't as hot as others and I could have it worse, but its still pretty hot.
Original post by boulderingislife

Oh, I don’t know. Maybe that’s right. I just always feel like it’s better with windows open but maybe I’m imagining it 😂
25°c but I'm in Scotland so it's not too bad. Feeling very sorry for all of you. 😳
31 degrees with the curtains closed and windows open trying not to melt :erm:
Original post by boulderingislife
I read somewhere that keeping windows and blinds closed keeps the heat outside out! Testing that theory out!

Get a thermomenter and report back! I have this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/ThermoPro-TP50-Digital-Thermometer-Temperature/dp/B01H1R0K68

i do have a thermometer and it IS 39c
not joking :frown:

Noo, there’s a bit of a breeze outside even if it’s not much so it’s better than keeping them closed

there's no breeze where i am :frown:
Original post by c.hllz
TOO HOT
i'm gonna be a classic brit here and complain about the heatwave ahah, my bedroom is 31 degrees celsius currently
its so warm at night i cant cope

my room was 29 at 4am in the morning. Absolute pisstake. I've hardly slept since last thursday! If I get this job i'm interviewing for tomorrow or fri i'm buying a portable air con unit. I can't deal with this heat. It's madness!

Anyone else's parents anal about getting a portable ac unit? Mine keep forbidding it cos it'll use up a lot of electricity, but at this stage i'm willing to pay the electricity bill and get the ac unit anyway!
If I open the windows bugs will come in😳

My fan’s on full blast and my windows aren’t FULLY open, just cracked

But I’m on my...TOM...so I wanna cry I’m so hot
Reply 16
Original post by Euphoria101

same! its the worst when its this hot ;(
Original post by Euphoria101

I went into the garden and hosed off. That cooled me down! Give it a go. That or frequent cold showers!

edit, for bugs get a window mesh net. You can open windows and the mesh on the inside will keep bugs out.
there's no breeze where i am :frown:

Omg where are you? 😨
Omg where are you? 😨

london
where are you?

Quick Reply