The Student Room Group

Getting a job in Qatar?

I know most ppl can't answer this but I'm moving to Qatar soon and want to get a part-time job but when I search for some they say I need 5 years of experience just to work at Starbucks and usually only Filipinos can apply?

I also heard you have to be 18 or even 21 to work in Qatar as a women. Is this true?
Do you or does anyone u know have a job as a student and what is it?
Thanks
Do you or your parents have Qatari citizenship?
Original post by isabellazafe
I know most ppl can't answer this but I'm moving to Qatar soon and want to get a part-time job but when I search for some they say I need 5 years of experience just to work at Starbucks and usually only Filipinos can apply?

I also heard you have to be 18 or even 21 to work in Qatar as a women. Is this true?

Why would you move there?
Original post by londonmyst
Do you or your parents have Qatari citizenship?

no we are expats
Original post by RogerOxon
Why would you move there?

cause my parents have a job there. I've legit lived in every continent so kinda use to moving to random countries
Reply 5

Thanks

I'm Qatari, and I first started working when I was 15! you can find different opportunities in conferences, workshops, etc. However, sometimes they are indeed harder to find! but deff can be found if you look deeper:smile:
Original post by deja97
I'm Qatari, and I first started working when I was 15! you can find different opportunities in conferences, workshops, etc. However, sometimes they are indeed harder to find! but deff can be found if you look deeper:smile:

ok thank you! did u get paid and were they short time gigs (like helping at a one off event) or could you work for longer periods of time (like a part time job)
Reply 7
ok thank you! did u get paid and were they short time gigs (like helping at a one off event) or could you work for longer periods of time (like a part time job)

Its mostly in events and stuff like that. I personally didn't have a part time job. There are agencies like In-Talent, Trinity, etc.. you basically give them your infromation and what you are willing to work for (modelling, photography, acting, management, etc..) and when ever there is an opportunity they share it with you and see if you are available :smile: there are a few more agencies but I honestly forgot the names
Original post by deja97
Its mostly in events and stuff like that. I personally didn't have a part time job. There are agencies like In-Talent, Trinity, etc.. you basically give them your infromation and what you are willing to work for (modelling, photography, acting, management, etc..) and when ever there is an opportunity they share it with you and see if you are available :smile: there are a few more agencies but I honestly forgot the names

i'm not really model and acting worthy but thats still cool

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending