The Student Room Group

how to feel less jealous

sometimes i feel quite jealous :/

if someone else is picked as form captain and not me...i feel quite jealous
if someone gets wayy higher marks than me in a test...i feel quite jealous
if someone is luckier than me..i get a bit jealous ):

is this normal? and i know its not good to feel this way, how can i improve myself?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
sometimes i feel quite jealous :/

if someone else is picked as form captain and not me...i feel quite jealous
if someone gets wayy higher marks than me in a test...i feel quite jealous
if someone is luckier than me..i get a bit jealous ):

is this normal? and i know its not good to feel this way, how can i improve myself?

i also feel jealous whenever i go on insta and someone has more likes and comments than me:cry2:
Sometimes we're our own worst critic. We condemn ourselves when we see others achieving something we failed to achieve ourselves. Whether this feeling of jealousy stems from our own sense of low self-esteem or something else, in the end we only hurt ourselves with it.

Get to the root of the issue. Go within and find out what it is that's causing you to feel this way. Remind yourself that the feeling isn't serving you. If you have to feel it, observe without judgement.

Don't compare yourself to the success of others, it only holds you back. Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, and make sure you're improving day by day so you can one day be in their position.

Jealousy can come from wanting. Wanting what another person has. Let go of the need to want and appreciate where you are right now.
Reply 3
Original post by Arthur_Morgan
Sometimes we're our own worst critic. We condemn ourselves when we see others achieving something we failed to achieve ourselves. Whether this feeling of jealousy stems from our own sense of low self-esteem or something else, in the end we only hurt ourselves with it.

Get to the root of the issue. Go within and find out what it is that's causing you to feel this way. Remind yourself that the feeling isn't serving you. If you have to feel it, observe without judgement.

Don't compare yourself to the success of others, it only holds you back. Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, and make sure you're improving day by day so you can one day be in their position.

Jealousy can come from wanting. Wanting what another person has. Let go of the need to want and appreciate where you are right now.

thank you very much for ur response
i really appreciate it
Original post by Anonymous
thank you very much for ur response
i really appreciate it

Anytime my G :cool:
Reply 5
Original post by Arthur_Morgan

I like this. Noted

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending